Prison Island and Nakupenda Sandbank | Full-day + Lunch buffet
This tour is one of our most recommended in Zanzibar that includes the two (2) must-do activities in Stone Town; Prison Island (Quarantine Island) and Nakupenda Sandbank and you can stay at any of these places as long as you wish.
At Prison Island you will learn the history of the Island, the former Quarantine Station also you will be able to see the Animals; Aldabra giant Tortoise, dik-diks, peacocks, etc. Trees and plantations, Zanzibar doors, Prison ruins, and much more.
Nakupenda Sandbank is one of the biggest sandbanks in Zanzibar. At Nakupenda you can enjoy swimming and snorkeling, relaxing at the calmest water, Lunch Buffet that you selected (Seafood or Vegetarian) and much more.
This is a lifetime experience that you will not want to miss on your Zanzibar holiday.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Fries, Fruit Snacks, Seafood Buffet (Lobsters, Tuna fish, Calamari, Octopus, Prawns, etc)
- Snacks - Fruits (Watermelon, Pineapple, Mangoes, Bananas, Coconut, etc)
- Bottled water - Bottle of waters, Soda: Cocacola, Fanta, Sprite, will be available
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Admission Fee at Prison Island (10,000 TZS/ 4USD)
- Entry/Admission - Prison Island - Changuu Private Island
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Stone Town, Stone Town, Zanzibar City, Zanzibar Island, Zanzibar Archipelago
At This tour you will able to see some of the Popular sights in Stone Town; Old Fort, Forodhani Park, House of Wonders (National Museum), Zanzibar Port, State House, etc.
Also its where we will start our Boat Trip to Prison Island and Nakupenda Sand Bank.
Stop At: Prison Island - Changuu Private Island, Off the Coast From Stone Town Shangani, Stone Town, Zanzibar City 3395 Tanzania
At Prison Island, you will able to See Aldabra Giant Tortoise, Peacocks, Dik-dik (species of small Antelope), Prison ruins, etc.
An interesting fact about the Aldabra Giant tortoise is that they can live for more than 200 years. The Oldest one at Prison Island is 197 years old. They are one of the world's longest-living animals.
Prison Ruins: This is a building that was erected in 1983 to host the Central Prison of Zanzibar. The Jail construction Started in 1893, In the same year, They had been a Cholera Epidemic in Egypt, and shortly afterward Bubonic Plague in Bombay. Since Zanzibar was the Main East African Port, Authorities decided That the Prison and other Erected Buildings were to keep in readiness as a Quarantine Station to proper control measures for vessels and their passengers to avoid the risk of an Epidemic in the Zanzibar Archipelago.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Nakupenda Beach, Stone Town, Zanzibar City Tanzania
Nakupenda is a name given to a Sand Bank that is located nearby the StoneTown, after the Prison Island trip we will go to Nakupenda Sand Bank where you will relax, swim and do Snorkeling. It is one of the best beaches in Zanzibar.
Also, we will have a buffet based on your Selection, either Seafood Buffett or Vegetarian that will be fresh prepared at the Sandbank
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any Hotel/ Accommodation located in Zanzibar.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.