Prishtina Culture & History Sightseeing Tour
Prishtina, the capital of the newest country in Europe is blessed with history, culture and traditions. The richness of the city is expressed in its young population and buzzing energy that captivate the attention of visitors upon arriving here. Its mix of old and new architecture, the old bazaar, different museums, mosques and churches, combined with cafes, traditional food and hospitality are some of the main elements that make Prishtina tour an uplifting and memorable experience. While being the center of the busy urban life in Kosovo, Prishtina is a place that radiates a notable relaxed ambience which is reflected in the lifestyle of local population, atmosphere in the streets and peaceful attitude of its community. Included in this day Tour are also visits to Ulpiana archaeological site (of Roman era) and the Gadime marble cave (considered to be millions of years old) which are both nearby Prishtina.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- The tour starts in Prishtina center - Mother Teresa boulevard, or a hotel pick up can be organised based on the agreed arrangement. During the first part of the day, we will visit the two main squares of Prishtina - Skenderbeg square and Mother Teresa square, both named after two important historical figures. Then, a pleasant walk through the main business district - where also the Kosovo government building, Parliament building and Ibrahim Rugova Independence Park are located - will take us to the main Kosovo Museum which houses a large collection of artefacts of different eras, where we can have the chance to spend some time inside this three floor museum and get acquainted with interesting facts. Afterwards, a stop at the nearby Imperial Mosque (built during Sultan Mehmet II reign, 15th century), where in front of the mosque we will also see the city Clock Tower, then followed by a visit inside the Ethnological Museum featuring a complex with several buildings (a mix of Albanian and Ottoman influenced architecture) which now showcase of exhibitions of various cultural artefacts. After this visit, we will stroll down to the city's old bazaar to see where Prishtina city started to build and develop. A short coffe/tea break and then, we will have quick visit at the Newborn square (an artistic symbol of new Kosovo) and to the Heroinat memorial - which honors the sacrifice and contribution of the women of Kosovo during the last war. From there, a short walk will get us to the Mother Teresa Cathedral (including lift access to experience the city views from the top of the cathedral). Soon after it's time for the lunch break, and throughout the city, there is an an abundance of choices of great eateries that serve traditional and contemporary dishes, with menus that satisfy the most refined tastes of food connoisseurs. After the lunch, we will then have a short drive to Ulpiana - the remains of an ancient Roman city named Justiniana Secunda, that played an important role in the development of the main cities in the Roman province of Dardania, mentioned in the 2nd century AD, and consisting of three different sites to be seen and visited. Another short drive after Ulpiana, will take us to the last stop of the tour - Gadime marble Cave. Discovered in 1969, this impressive marble cave is full of quite extraordinary crystallised stalagmites and stalactites that have formed over millions of years and is over 1.2 km deep where around 440m of it can be visited on a guided tour. After the cave visit, we will drive back to Prishtina center, where the tour ends.
Departure Point :3 Tringë Smajli, Prishtinë
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at your hotel, based on prior notice. Please let us know if you need a hotel pick up, or otherwise we will meet you at the Tour meeting point.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.