Priorat Wineries Tour from Barcelona, Including Wine Tastings and Lunch
Sip your way around Priorat, the exclusive Catalan wine region that produces some of Spain’s most expensive — and delicious — wine. With a local guide at your side, learn what makes the wine so special and, of course, sample some of the region’s wares. After a visit to the village of Morera de Montsant, travel to Clos Figueres in Gratallops for a 3-course lunch, and then finish with a vineyard tour at Clos Dominic. Tasting sessions at each site are included, and numbers are limited to just eight people for a more personal experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Lunch - 3-course lunch
- Wine tasting
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Leave Barcelona’s Barri Gótic in the morning, and relax on your journey southwest to the Priorat wine region, just above Tarragona. The remote and rocky region is tiny — a mere footnote on the Catalan map — but what it lacks in size, it makes up for in its exclusive wine. Tellingly expensive, the rich and full-bodied produce of the area has been subject to harsh growing conditions and labour-intensive harvesting; the grapes are mostly picked by hand.
Make your way past eye-catching terraces of vines that are carved into the hillsides, and stop in the village of Morera de Montsant to soak up the views. Listen to an orientation of the area from your guide, as you let your gaze linger over the hills. Then, visit a small local winery to sample your first three Priorat varietals of the day.
Continue to Gratallops for your second tasting session, this time at the esteemed Clos Figueres winery, run by Christopher Cannan, a pioneering Priorat winemaker. Learn how the wine is produced by grapes from old vines, without the use of insecticides or other products. After sampling a few glasses, head to a local restaurant to recharge with a traditional 3-course lunch.
In the afternoon, travel onward to the tiny village of Porrera where the family-run Clos Dominic winery awaits. Meet Paco Castillo-Serrano who runs the estate, and tour his unique old-vine vineyard before tasting a few vintage samples.
Finally, relax on the journey back to Barcelona, and finish your day with a drop-off at the start point.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Departure Point :Plaça de Catalunya, 17, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Any special requirement should be noted by the client on "Special Requests" upon booking, in order to guarantee that it will be handled
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.