Pretoria full day - War and Peace - the story of the Voortrekkers -Private Guide
Come and trace the incredible story of the hardships and hostilities faced by the Voortrekkers in their quest for freedom and independence. Told through the eyes of Paul Kruger, General, Statesman and President of the Transvaal Boer Republic for almost 20 years. Under his leadership the Boers took on the might of the British Empire inflicting many humiliating defeats on the greatest army of its time before conceding defeat. Understand the reasons for the struggle and the fight over land and resources between the British, Boers and local African tribes. What legacy has this left today for our country? What are the challenges we now face and what is the way forward? How may hearts and minds be changed to embrace the dream of The Rainbow Nation? This story tour will give you some insights into these questions and others.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Voortrekker Monument
- Entry/Admission - Kruger House Museum
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Voortrekker Monument, Eeufees Road Groenkloof 358-Jr, Pretoria 0187 South Africa
Here we will spend some time touring the monument to get an understanding of the history of the Voortrekkers.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kruger House Museum, 60 Church Street, Pretoria 0081 South Africa
Here we will tour the house where Paul Kruger lived for almost 20 years with his wife Gezina.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Church Square, Stanza Bopape Street, Pretoria 0186 South Africa
We will do a drive past the Square and get a view of the statue of Paul Kruger and the Palace of Justice where the Rivonia Trial was held.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Blue Crane Restaurant, 156 Melk St, Nieuw Muckleneuk, Pretoria, 0181, South Africa
This will be our lunch stop.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Union Buildings, Government Avenue, Pretoria 0083 South Africa
We will have a walk about here through the gardens and get a view of the largest Nelson Mandela statue in South Africa.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off at ORT airport or accommodation in the Johannesburg area.Airports
- Johannesburg Intl Airport, Johannesburg South Africa
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.