Pray the right way at a Japanese Shinto Shrine
Learn proper etiquette for visiting and praying at the historic Yutoku Inari Shrine’s Okagura Hall. Discover the meaning behind each step, from purifying hand water to passing through the Torii gates, before finally praying in the magnificent Okagura Hall. Afterwards, offer up a sacred branch Tamagushi to the deities of the shrine. Also receive a commemorative original Yutoku Inari Goshuin-cho. The Goshuin-cho is a book on which visitors receive the sacred red seal of a shrine and have their visit recorded as a preservation of the memory of their worshipping there.
After learning the form for worship in this course, you can go on to use it in any shrine.
Over three million people visit the Yutoku Inari Shrine every year to pray for good business, good fortune for their families, a large catch, traffic safety and other matters. The gate, and other magnificent buildings, which are lacquered and colored gorgeously, which is called Nikko Tosho-gu Shrine in Kyushu, built in 1687.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Learn proper etiquette for visiting and praying at the Japanese shirne.
- The original Goshuin stamp book .
What's excluded :
- Transportation to the meeting point.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yutoku Inari Shrine, 1855 Furueda, Kashima 849-1321 Saga Prefecture
Meet with the shrine’s priest and walk through to the Okagura Hall for a purification ceremony and prayer from the hea priest with explanation.
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :Yūtoku Inari Shrine, 乙１８５５ Furueda, Kashima, Saga 849-1321, Japan
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.