Prague Private Tour and Museum of Communism with transfer
Enjoy this private custom tour of Prague, which includes the visit to the Museum of Communism. The rest of the tour is fully customizable, we usually follow the footsteps of the demonstrations of the Velvet Revolution and spots related to the Prague Spring of 1968, and other spots related to the Communist era, such as the spot on the hill where the giant statue of Stalin used to oversee Prague from. However, it is also possible to visit the monuments of the historic center of Prague.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Visit of Museum of Communism
- Transport by private Mercedes Benz vehicle and driver
- Bottled water in the car
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Muzeum komunismu
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Albertov, Na Slupi, 143/3, Prague Czech Republic
This is where the peaceful student demonstrations of the Velvet Revolution started in 1989.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Vaclavske namEsti, Vaclavske namesti, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
The square has witnessed many key events in recent Czech history. During the Prague Spring in 1968, the clashes with the Soviet armored units took place here, you can see the bullet holes in the walls of the National Museum preserved until this day. In November 1989 a protest rally in the square against police brutality led to the Velvet Revolution and the overthrow of Communism. Originally a horse market, today it is lined with hotels, restaurants, clubs, and shops. A big equestrian statue of St. Wenceslas that looks the length of the square from in front of the National Museum was erected in 1912. We will also pass by the Jalta hotel where STB, the secret police was eavesdropping on the foreign diplomats and businessmen who were often accommodated in there.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Národní muzeum, Václavské nám. 68, 110 00 Praha 1-Nové Město, Czechia
The National Museum was a silent witness of the clashes with the Soviet occupation army which took place at the Wenceslas Square during the Prague Spring in August 1968. You can still see the bullet holes in its walls - they were preserved as a memento during the recent renovation.
Stop At: Hands reaching out of the wall on Narodni Trida, Narodni Street, Prague Czech Republic
The worst beating by the police force during the Velvet Revolution in 1989 took place here. The police blocked the side streets and formed a narrow cordon. Whoever wanted to escape, had to pass through and received a heavy beating on the way.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Muzeum komunismu, V Celnici 1031/4 Nové Město, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
The museum provides a suggestive view of the following aspects of life in Communist-era Czechoslovakia: daily life, politics, history, sports, economics, education, art (specifically Socialist Realism), propaganda in the media, the People’s Militias, the army, the police (including the secret police, the StB), censorship, and courts and other institutes of repression, including show trials and political labor camps during the Stalinist era. It focuses in particular on the totalitarian regime that ruled the country from the February putsch in 1948 until the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Letna Park, Praha 7, Prague 170 00 Czech Republic
Enjoy a great panoramic view of Prague from the spot where a giant statue of Josip Stalin was overseeing its Czechoslovak underlings. Shortly after its installment, Nikita Chruscev revealed Stalin's atrocities in his famous speech, and Stalin's monument was removed. Only the monument's base survived to the present day, a big metronome was installed on it instead of the statue and the location became a popular viewpoint for young people dating or showing their skateboarding skills.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your private guide will pick you up at the lobby of your hotel or a place of your choice in Prague. The tour ends at your hotel or a place of your choice in the city center. Airports
- Letiště Václava Havla Praha, Aviatická, 161 00 Praha 6, Czechia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Author of the cover photo: Miroslav Vopata, taken by his grand father, uploader Krokodyl – my own scan, CC BY 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2148246
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.