Prague Castle Walking Tour with Entry fees
Discover Prague Castle and its neighboring district, Malá Strana, on this sightseeing walking tour. With a knowledgeable guide, cross the Charles Bridge into Malá Strana, one of the city’s oldest districts and commonly known as Lesser Town. Here you’ll see sights like a Templar church, Kampa Park, artwork by Czech artist David Cerný and the Wallenstein Gardens. Then head up the hill to Prague Castle to admire views of the city and see St Vitus Cathedral.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English speaking guide
- Entry day ticket to Castle Area sights
- Entry/Admission - Prague Castle
- Entry/Admission - St. Vitus Cathedral
What's excluded :
- Transport to the meeting point and from the conclusion point
- Food and beverages
- Gratuity/tip (optional)
- Your Prague walking tour starts when you meet your guide and small group at a central location near the river and walk first to the Charles Bridge. As you cross this centuries-old bridge for the other side of the Vltava, you’ll be following in the footsteps of kings, queens and noblemen who traversed it as far back as the year 1400!
When you reach the other side of the river, you’ll be in Malá Strana (Lesser Town). Walk with your guide to several area sights, including Our Lady Under the Chain, a church founded by the Templars on their way to the Holy Land; Kampa Park, where you’ll see replicas of the famous baby sculptures created by native artist David Cerný; Kampa Square, where scenes from
Mission: Impossible were filmed; and the Franz Kafka Museum, outside of which you’ll see another quirky creation by Cerný.
Next, head to the tucked-away Vojan Gardens, less known than the Wallenstein Gardens, which you’ll visit next, but much-loved by locals. At the Wallenstein Gardens (part of Wallenstein Palace, which dates back to the early 1600s and is now the home of the Czech senate), admire the rows of trimmed hedges and Baroque architecture, and then begin your ascent up to Prague Castle.
The uphill walk may leave you a little out of breath, but you’ll be rewarded by the views of Prague that stretch before you. Prague Castle dates back to the year 880, is considered the largest ancient castle in the world and is made up of many architectural styles from Gothic to Baroque to Romanesque. Then see the Old Royal Palace, the oldest part of the castle complex, before heading to your last stop, St Vitus Cathedral. The Gothic church took nearly 600 years to complete and is home to the tombs of Bohemian kings and Holy Roman Emperors.
When you’ve finished at the castle, follow your guide back down to the river’s edge, where your tour ends by the Manes Bridge. You'll also take a break for coffee and cake in a cosy Café near the Castle.
Departure Point :Michalská 432/12, Staré Město, 110 00 Praha-Praha 1, Czechia
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Prague Castle, 119 08 Prague 1, Czechia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Group size is maximum 10 people per departure. Mask is compulsory indoors and on public transport. No need to mask outdoors when social distance measures of 1.5 meters are kept. No headphones provided, the guide keeps distance but will not wear a mask outdoors. Please take your own mask with you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.