Potato Cultural Tour at Pisaq Potato Park Including Lunch
Try something a little different during your time in Peru on a full-day trip to the Potato Park ("Parque de la Papa") in Pisaq. From Cusco, you'll travel through six indigenous communities and see the Kinsa Cocha lagoon on your way to the park. Once there, see the many agricultural methods used to farm Peruvian potatoes, discover medicinal plants, and gain a deeper understanding of Peru's Inca history. Savor a traditional Peruvian lunch in a specialty restaurant that crafts dishes inspired by the hundreds of potato varieties cultivated in Peru.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Potato Park
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Begin your day trip bright and early when you're picked up from your Cusco hotel at 7am. Travel in a comfortable minibus to Pisaq, where you'll visit the market to browse traditional Peruvian handicrafts. Travel through six indigenous communities on your way to the Potato Park (Parque de la Papa), learning about their ways of life as you pass through. Visit the Kinsa Cocha (Kinsaqocha) lagoon, then see native potato farms and learn about the methods of conservation and how the potatoes are cultivated using ancient Inca tools.
Once you arrive at the Potato Park, learn more about the agricultural methods used to farm Peruvian potatoes — one of the country's staple foods. Discover medicinal plants and get an understanding of Peru's Inca history before having lunch in a specialty restaurant, where you'll taste traditional dishes based on the hundreds of varieties of potatoes cultivated in Peru.
After lunch, your tour concludes with a drop-off at your Cusco hotel around 4pm.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Cusco
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.