Postojna Cave and Predjama castle
Meet the Queen of Caves
Meet the Queen of Caves. Before 1818, visitors could visit a mere 300 metres of the cave, while today more than five kilometres of fascinating cave chambers, passageways and spectacular halls can be seen as part of a cave tour lasting an hour and a half.
The cave train first takes you through a manmade tunnel and then through the first natural passage, which was blackened by petrol destroyed during the Second World War. After this passage, you get to see two cave halls, first the Gothic Hall, which boasts an abundance of cave formations, followed by the Congress Hall.
After a two-kilometre train ride, you arrive at the Great Mountain, where you get off the train and cross the Russian Bridge to reach the Beautiful Caves, as well as the most famous stalagmite and the symbol of Postojna Cave – the so-called Brilliant.
The tour comes to an end by visitors boarding the train and returning to the surface.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Postojna Cave
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Postojna Cave, Jamska cesta 30, Postojna 6230 Slovenia
Meet the Queen of Caves. Before 1818, visitors could visit a mere 300 meters of the cave, while today more than five kilometers of fascinating cave chambers, passageways and spectacular halls.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.