Pope's Summer Residence Tour in Castel Gandolfo and Wine Tasting in Frascati
Castel Gandolfo is a hilltop town located in Lazio winemaking region, just south of Rome. Not only considered one of Italy's most scenic destinations but also famous all over the world because here is the popes' summer residence, which can be visited together with its wonderful gardens with this one-day tour. As part of this tour the lunch is served with all locally grown produce, on a terrace with an awesome view. Not far away we have another wonder of the region, Frascati. Learn about the history of Frascati while tasting local products like slow-roasted pork and Frascati jug wine.Tour our beautiful artisanal Frascati Vineyard and 16th century Farmhouse and Winery accompanied by the winemaker, with a tasting of our three wines; Frascati Superiore DOCG, Red Vagnolo IGT and Sweet Cannellino DOCG. Dinner will be served in the center of Frascati with your favorite wine from the tasting.
per adult from
What's included :
- Skip the line entrance to the Pontifical villas with audio guide
- Tour Leader with meeting at the Rome Termini Station.
- Tickets for round-trip train Roma Termini-Castel Gandolfo.
- Private transportation
- Professional Guide for the visit in Frascati City Center.
- Tour of the Frascati Vineyard and the 16th century Farmhouse with the winemaker.
- Tour of the Old Frascati Winery with the winemaker.
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine tasting of three wines: Frascati Superiore DOCG, Red Vagnolo IGT and Sweet Cannellino DOCG.
- Dinner - Traditional Dinner in the Osteria Grappolo D'oro.
- Entry/Admission - Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo
- Entry/Admission - Antiche Terre Tuscolane
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo, 00040 Castel Gandolfo Italy
Here you will have the unique opportunity to visit the Pope's private rooms with audio guide and the wonderful gardens, which only from 2015 are open to the general public thanks to Pope Francis, that wanted very much to open it as a sign of sharing something unique belonging to the common good. The apostle palace gardens are full of history stories of previous popes and amazing views for miles. Admire the Giardino della Madonnina, this little garden that exudes peace and tranquillity and has been a favorite place used by popes; also the Giardino del Belvedere where the view is amazing and you can enjoy the impeccably manicured gardens below that are longer than a football field. As part of this tour the lunch is served with all locally grown produce, on a terrace with an awesome view. Then, with your private transfer, in the afternoon you will arrive at Frascati , where you will meet your local guide to start the second part of your tour.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Frascati Centro storico, Da Via del Tuscolo, Frascati Italy
Discover the wonderful history of Frascati while tasting local products like slow-roasted pork and Frascati jug wine. Meet local artisans and shop owners who wants to share with you their stories. Walking around the streets, you will feel like a local thanks to your guide who lives in Frascati and knows everybody in town!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Antiche Terre Tuscolane, Via Frascati Colonna, 25, 00044 Frascati RM, Italy
After your tour around the town, you will be transfer by car or van to one of the oldest family-run wineries in Frascati, 10 minutes away from the city center.
Tour our beautiful artisanal Frascati Vineyard, a 16th century Farmhouse and the historical Minardi Winery accompanied by the winemaker.
Explore a deep wine cave which dates back to the times of Ancient Rome.
Taste our three wines: Frascati Superiore DOCG, Red Vagnolo IGT and Sweet Cannellino DOCG. Each wine is described in detail by our licensed sommelier and is accompanied by freshly baked goods picked up from the bakery in the center of Frascati during the tour of town.
Last but not least, you will also enjoy our delicious extra virgin olive oil.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Frascati, Frascati, Province of Rome, Lazio
Dinner will be served in Frascati.
It begins with local cheeses, vegetables & different salumi and is followed by fresh homemade pasta with seasonal sauces.
The meal is also served with your favorite wine from the tasting because this local Cuisine paired perfectly with your Wine!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Roma Termini, Piazza dei Cinquecento, 1, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- The use of the mask is mandatory to comply with health and safety regulations. At the entrance your body temperature will be checked. If a body temperature above 37.5 °C is registered, you will not be able to enter the site. All the safety rules against Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been adopted.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.