Poonhill Ghorepani Trekking in Nepal-8 days
Poon Hill short Trek has been the bestseller among the entire trekking package over the years. It may be due to the breathtaking mountain scenery and the beautiful ethnic villages. Easy Trek, enough walking along streams and forests and no high climbing justify the popularity of this Trek. You absolutely have no risk of altitude sickness on this trek. This Trek can be done throughout the year except for monsoon and is also known for the easy trekking that fulfills the dream to view the glimpse of snow-capped mountain peaks and the Himalayan culture. Ghorepani Poonhill short trekking trail give an opportunity to view amazing Mountain above 8000m including prominent Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Dhaulagiri and some important as Nilgiri, Machhapuchhare, Lamjung Himal, Himchuli and many more green hills.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tourist standard accommodation in Pokhara inclusive of breakfast
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) while on trek
- Accommodation at guesthouses/ lodges on the trek
- 1highly experienced and friendly Guide
- 1 porter for 2 trekkers
- Surface transfer to and from Pokhara on tourist bus
- Annapurna Conservation Permit and TIMS permit
- Government tax and office service charge
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Meals in and Pokhara other than breakfast
- Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Travel Insurance
- International airfare to and from Nepal
- Nepal Tourist Visa Fee US$25 or equivalent foreign currency with multiple entry for 15days, US$40 or equivalent foreign currency with multiple entry for 30days. Visa can be issued upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport- Kathmandu
- Items of personal nature
- Alcoholic beverages, hot water, hot shower charges on trek, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet
- Tips for guide and poters
- Day01: Drive to Pokhara
We will take Tourist bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara at about 7am. We will follow Prithvi Highway for 5hrs to reach Pokhara.Pokhara offers great views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Peaks.
Day02: Drive to Nayapul & Trek to Tikhedhunga.
We will cover 42km distance from Prithvi Chowk and cross beautiful Lumle village to Nayapul (1050m). Poonhill sunrise trek starts from Nayapul. Following Modi River, we will walk past forest of blooming rhododendron and cross small stream. We will cross Birethanti after about half an hour of trek and arrive at Tirkhedhunga.
Day03: Trek to Ghorepani
Steep trek for about 2hrs will take us to Ulleri (2070m). We will cross the Magar village of Banthanti from where we can get spectacular views of Machhapuchhre Mountain (6997m), Hiunchuli Mountain (6441m) and Annapurna South Mountain (7219m).
Day04: Trek to Poonhill & to Tadapani
Poonhill is popular for best sunrise view in Pokhara. We will rise very early and reach the base of Poonhill. About an hour of climb will take us to Poonhill viewpoint. We can get sunrise view over Dhaulagiri Mountain (8167m), Annapurna I Mountain (8091m), Annapurna II Mountain (7937m), Annapurna III Mountain (7855m), Annapurna IV Mountain (7525m) and other mountains. We will return to hotel in Ghorepani for breakfast and then take descending trail to Tadapani village from where we can get views of Annapurna South, Annapurna II, Fishtail and other mountains.
Day05: Trek to Ghandruk
3hrs of easy walk through forest of oak, rhododendron and other alpine flowers will take us to Ghandruk. Ghandruk is the large Gurung village. We can get striking views of Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Machhapuchhre, other Mountains from viewpoint in Ghandruk. Homestay in Ghandruk is a pleasant experience. We will be welcomed by the locals with Khada and traditional dance will be performed in evening in our honor.
Day06: Trek to Pothana
6hrs of trek will be enough to take us to Pothana. We will take the descending trail and cross the stone steps to reach Kimbu (Bee Hive) that exists on the edge of Modi Khola at 1200m altitude. We will climb through the stone steps to Landruk. From Deurali, we will lower down to Pothana where we will stay overnight.
Day07: Trek to Dhampus Phedi , Drive to Pokhara
It takes about 4hrs of trek to reach Dhampus Phedi (1113m). We need to walk through forest for about an hour before following the gravel road. Crossing the scenic Dhampus village, we will reach the base of Dhampus hill which is known as Dhampus Phedi.
Day08: Drive to Kathmandu
It takes 7 hours to reach Kathmandu from Pokhara.
Departure Point :From the office of Himalayan Aster Treks and Tours
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.