Pompeii Herculaneum and wine testing from Salerno
Embark on one of the most incredible day trips in Italy by traveling Mt. Vesuvius, Pompeii and Herculaneum. Your private day trip with the help of Positano Limo Service will take you to the only active volcano in Europe, Mt. Vesuvius. Explore the ancient town of Pompeii that was buried by thirty feet of hot mud and volcanic ash from Vesuvius 2,000 years ago, visit the volcano itself and walking up to the crater. You will have a stroll in Herculaneum, which is also destroyed by Mt. Vesuvius in 79 A.D. This magnificent Roman town was once a holiday resort for the Roman rich.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entrance and food Professional tour guide
• Reach the best place with the Positano Limo Service and get the expert guide for detailed information
• Chance to discover the ancient Roman City
• UNESCO World Heritage site Pompeii, Herculaneum
• Reach to Active volcano Mt. Vesuvius and its flaming crater
• Taste local wine from local wineries
• Back to home conveniently with Positano Limo Service
• Entrance and food is not included
• Professional tour guide is not included
What to do
Let us Journey back in time to the ancient Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum. Discover the ancient Roman city and the Volcano, which destroyed it! The day trip starts with departure from Positano to Pompeii, for a guided visit to the ancient Roman city buried by Vesuvius Eruption.
Pompeii is the larger, famous and is located closer to the Amalfi Coast. There are more visitors to the site than to Herculaneum. The key intention is to experience about seeing the ancient Roman towns buried beneath meters of burning ash during the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79A.D
Herculaneum is the smaller, more crowded and is closer to the city of Naples. Have you got a few hours for visiting the site? However, save some of your time to have a trip to Herculaneum to skip the line.
Positano Limo Service with all comfort takes interested travelers to visit the historical, archeological sites and fascinating glimpses into the life of ancient Romans.
Getting to the Mount Vesuvius -
Mount Vesuvius can be reached easily with the help of buses and shuttles take you to the top from both the Pompeii and Herculaneum train stations. Buses depart hourly and take passengers to the entrance of the Mount Vesuvius National Park. With about 3 hours journey visit the flaming crater where the peak of this imposing mountain once loomed over the coastline. Limo Service transports visitors up the slope of Vesuvius to the trailhead of the crater trail.
Since ancient times, locals have been growing grapes on the slopes of Vesuvius to make the unique wine. If you are a wine enthusiast visiting one of the smallest wineries can be fruitful along the route between Pompeii and the crater of Vesuvius. This not only offers guided tours, but also wine tastings.
Enjoy our full day tour on board of an exclusive vehicle with private Limo Service discover three of the most beautiful locations in the world. With Positano Limo Service you will simply love the ease of quick pick up to your hotel, airport or port.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pickup will be provided from the main hotels of Salerno city center and from thescheduled meeting points.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic condition
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.