Pompeii, Herculaneum and wine experience on Mt Vesuvius with an archaeologist
Uncover the history of one of the world’s most dangerous volcanoes, Mount Vesuvius, during this full-day private tour. In AD 79, this great volcano erupted and buried its surroundings, preserving the towns in volcanic debris. Visit Pompeii and Herculaneum thoroughly. Fabrizio is an archaeologist and he has been a guide for over 25 years. In between tours, visit a family-run winery on the slopes of Vesuvius for a pre-set lunch and wine tasting (at your own expense).
• Take a private tour to Pompeii and Herculaneum with an archaeologist
• Stay away from crowds and avoid long lines at the ticket office
• Enjoy a lovely rest at a local winery in the National Park of Mt Vesuvius
• Choose the kid-friendly tour if you are traveling with children from 6 to 11 yrs
• Private guide and Mercedes Van vehicle ensure a personalized and comfortable experience
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Water and WI-Fi on board
What's excluded :
- Admission Fees - € 26 per adult person for both sites - free under 18 yrs showing valid ID
- Lunch - Wine experience including Lunch - € 28 per Person all inclusive
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Cantina del Vesuvio Russo Family Winery
- Entry/Admission - Vesuvius National Park
- Entry/Admission - Parco Acheologico di Ercolano
- Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
I study archaeology and I have been a guide in Pompeii for 27 years: I still cannot believe how advanced Romans were! You will be surprised by the size and at the amazing state of preservation of the archaeological site.
We will visit the Forum, ancient public baths, private houses, taverns, shops, theatres, and more. We will admire fabulously preserved frescos and mosaics that adorn the walls and floors of the ancient houses.
We will walk at your own pace and I will make sure that everyone in your group understands what he is looking at. We will stay away from crowds as much as possible. The itinerary is flexible and I shall adapt to your will and needs.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Cantina del Vesuvio Russo Family Winery, Via Panoramica, 15, 80040 Trecase NA, Italy
We will take a rest at a beautiful winery in the National Parl of Mt Vesuvius. Once on the bay of Naples, we will drive a bit on the Mt Vesuvius to reach this organic wine farm. It is a wonderful setting overlooking the Bay of Naples.
There will be a short guided walk to the vineyard to discover this unique land and how they produce their “Lacryma Christi” wines.
It is beautifully located and it is going to be a fun experience.
Lunch consists of a pre-set menu:
Appetizers: Bruschetta, ricotta cheese, olives, provolone cheese, salame and capocollo cured pork meat
Main: Spaghetti with the cherry tomatoes “del Piennolo” from Mt Vesuvius
Dessert: “Pastiera” - wheat and ricotta cake
Along with lunch over 5 different wines will be served (Rosè Sparkling, White, Rosé. Red, Red Reserva, sweet Dessert Wine).
The cost is € 28 per person that can be paid on the spot with a card or cash. There also is an upgraded version of the wines for the cost of € 35 per person.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Vesuvius National Park, Via Palazzo del Principe, 80044 Ottaviano Italy
We are not going to climb up to the crater of Mount Vesuvius. We will visit a small organic wine farm. The farm lies within the National Park of Mount Vesuvius. It has wonderful views both on the Bay of Naples and on the volcano. We can take a short wine tour and have a delicious lunch.
It is going to be fun and delicious!
Do not miss this unforgettable experience!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Parco Acheologico di Ercolano, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano Italy
The Ancient Roman city of Herculaneum was buried by Mount Vesuvius 2000 years ago and it came back to light during the last century. We will admire stunning views of the Volcano and of the Bay of Naples. We will learn what happened during that terrific eruption. We will visit ancient houses, Bath-Houses, little shops, taverns. We will enter the daily life of the average Roman. We will admire incredible frescoes and mosaics. We will be awe-stricken by the dreadful skeletons!
We will walk approximately two hours to discover the archaeological park and the little museum. Herculaneum is more compact than Pompeii, better preserved, and easier to visit. It is going to be a pleasant walk away from the crowds of Pompeii. The itinerary is going to be tailored to your needs and requests.
Duration: 2 hours
• Appetizers Vesuvio - Bruschetta with tomatoes, Provolone Cheese, Olives, Salame, Capocollo, Grilled Vegetables and Beans
• Spaghetti with vesuvian cherry tomatoes - Delicious main course: local made pasta dressed with a sauce made out of the locals "pomodorini del piennolo" cherry tomatoes
• Pastiera cake - Traditional Neapolitan Easter cake with wheat, ricotta cheese, eggs and sugar
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
I can pick you up anywhere in Naples or Sorrento area. Would you be staying on the Amalfi Coast please contact me.Airports
- Naples Airport, Naples Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The tour is totally private. There will be no-one else but the members of your party and Fabrizio.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.