Pompeii & Herculaneum - From Naples
This tour covers two icons of Italy’s archeological heritage. Pompeii was once a bustling port town and commercial hub, while Herculaneum used to be a popular holiday retreat for the ancient Roman elite. Both cities were completely destroyed by the devastating eruption of mount Vesuvio in 79 AD, which buried them under a thick layer of ashes and mud. But today, thanks to their natural preservation under the volcanic material, Pompeii and Herculaneum offer a unique glimpse into everyday life back in Roman times. Your guide will take you on a fascinating stroll through the ruins of Pompeii, which include the oldest surviving stone amphitheater of the Roman world, the ancient forum, shops, patrician houses and even the casts of some of the victims, while in Herculaneum you will see perfectly preserved wooden furniture, architectural elements and frescoes.
Meeting with the guide in Pompeii
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Expert Local Guide
- Pompeii & Hercolaneum entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Parco Acheologico di Ercolano
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
Pompeii is an amazing italian site and part of the UNESCO World Heritage. Distroied by the Vesuvio eruption in 79 A.D.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Parco Acheologico di Ercolano, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano Italy
Herculaneum is, together with Pompeii, one the city destroyed by the Vesuvio eruption in 79 A.D. Today it proudly welcomes thousands of tourists from every part of the world
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our driver will meet you at your hotel
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.