Polonnaruwa Kingdom and Wild Elephant Safari from Kandy
(SKU: LK60022600) This tour takes you to Polonnaruwa and Minneriya, on a remarkable archaeological and nature-filled journey. Wonder at the ancient structures of the kings. Be mesmerized by the old religious temples of an era long past. Go on an exciting half-day safari in Minneriya National Park. This is a tour for all ages
per adult from
13 to 14 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your hotel in Kandy.
- Transport in a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide.
- Safari jeep for the safari in Minneriya National park.
- Bottled water (per person).
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets to the visiting sites. (Polonnaruwa and Minneriya National Park)
- Food and beverages.
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Entry/Admission - Polonnaruwa
- Entry/Admission - Minneriya National Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Polonnaruwa Sri Lanka
Visit the ancient city of Polonnaruwa, which was the second major capital of Sri Lanka. Walk through the ruins of the city that flourished between the 10th to the 13th century AD. View important monuments such as Gal Vihara, Vatadage, the lotus bath, Lankathilaka Temple and the statue of King Parakramabahu whose reign was considered the golden age of Polonnaruwa. Get to know more about Sri Lanka's ancient history.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Minneriya National Park, Maradankadawala-Habarana-Thirukkondaiadimadu Highway, Minneriya 50150 Sri Lanka
This three hour safari takes you on a ride through the Minneriya National Park. Enjoy the sight of over 150 elephants congregating in one place during the famous Great Elephant Gathering, which happens in the dry season between May to October. In addition to elephants, get a chance to also see many mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians in the scrublands, forests and other areas.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Kandy, Kandy, Kandy District, Central Province
Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Kandy
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Hats & comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Depending on the road traffic conditions allocated time will differ.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.