Polonnaruwa Ancient Kingdom and Wild Elephant Safari from Habarana
(SKU: LK60321500) This tour takes you to Polonnaruwa and Minneriya, on a remarkable archaeological and nature-filled journey. Wonder at the ancient structures of the kings. Be mesmerized by the old religious temples of an era long past. Go on an exciting half day safari in Minneriya National Park. This is a tour for all ages
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your hotel in Habarana.
- Transport in a air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide.
- Safari Jeep for the safari in Minneriya national park.
- 2 x 500 ml water bottles per person.
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets to the visiting site.
- Food and beverages.
- Expenses of a personal nature.
- Entry/Admission - Polonnaruwa
- Entry/Admission - Minneriya National Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Polonnaruwa Sri Lanka
Polonnaruwa, or Pulasthi Nakaram as it was also called, was second capitol of the ancient Sri Lankan Kings; the first being Anuradhapura. It remained the most important city of the country for over two centuries; until the capital was moved to Dambadeniya in AD 1284. The many kings who ruled this old city contributed to its culture and religion with many constructions and temples; many of which remain today.
During your visit to the Ruined City you will be able to see famous archaeological sites such as Gal Vihara, the Polonnaruwa Vatadage, Sathmahal Prasada, Medirigiriya Vatadage, Lankathilaka Image House, the Shiva Temple, Rankoth Vehera, Nissankalatha Mandapaya and much more.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Minneriya National Park, Maradankadawala-Habarana-Thirukkondaiadimadu Highway, 50150 Sri Lanka
Minneriya is famous for its seasonal Elephant Gatherings; where hundreds of elephants gather together, socialize, feed and play. This is the only place in the world that such a phenomenon occurs. You may get to see this if you come during the right season; or at least a few elephants during the other times. There are also many other types of fauna to watch out for during your three hour long evening safari at the National Park.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Habarana
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.