Polish Home Cooking Class in Krakow
Cook delicious Polish food, including pierogis, and feast on your creations with a Krakow family on this tour that gives you an authentic taste of Polish life! Pick up a few Polish phrases from your guide and haggle for produce at a Polish market. Learn how to cook traditional dishes from a local family while listening to Polish music. Then, enjoy the feast with the family, asking any questions about life in Poland you may have.
This small-group tour is limited to six people to ensure more personalized attention from your guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide and cook
- Product and utensils for cooking
- Full meal including: pierogi and selections of local snacks
- Local beer, water, tea/coffee
- Entry/Admission - Kraków
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stary Kleparz, Rynek Kleparski, Krakow Poland
For the best food shopping in Krakow, we recommend Stary Kleparz Market, located very close to the Old Town, just north of St. Florian’s Gate. Having run since the 18th century, this is the oldest and most colorful market in the city, where farmers bring fresh fruit and vegetables to sell daily. You will always find locals here looking for good bargains. Try some samples of fresh mountain cheeses, famous Polish sour cucumbers or sauerkraut, and locally made sweets.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Bernardyńska, 31-069 Kraków, Poland
Local guide’s home:
This is where you will get some cooking lessons from Krakow locals. You’ll be taught how to make a pierogi, a typical Polish dish (kind of like a dumpling). This tour is very specific as we cook in the private homes of our guides. As a result, there is no direction to provide as there are 12 different places all over Krakow. We arrive on foot or by local transport.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Długa 1, 31-147 Kraków, Poland
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Długa 1, 31-147 Kraków, Poland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: At the beginning of your tour you will visit a local farmers' market which is located off the beaten path, where you will have a chance to learn some Polish as you shop, which provides a great opportunity to interact with local vendors and respect their language and traditions.
- Your tour also supports local vendors who wouldn't have access to tourists without Urban Adventures. In addition, your tour promotes regional products like oscypek (a local sheep's milk cheese produced by the highlanders in the Tatra Mountains) and traditional circle bread from Krakow.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.