Pochampally Textile Tour with Private Transfer
Pochampally is a traditional weaving village famous for its saris and “ikkat” weaves. About an hour’s drive from Hyderabad, this tour is a great way to see traditional weaving methods and understand the rural life of the locals. Every member of the artisan household is closely integrated with the intricate tie-dye process of “Ikkat” weaving. The craft has earned a reputation worldwide and a glimpse at the dexterous locals explains why this enduring tradition has not only survived but also thrived over the years.
• Textile weaving techniques
• Visit artisans such as potters and idol makers
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English speaking local guide
- Bottled water & refreshments
- Private Air-conditioned vehicle
- Round-trip private transfer
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and beverages, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pochampalle, Telangana 508284, India
You will be picked-up from your hotel in an air-conditioned vehicle to visit the picturesque hills and valleys of Bhoodan Pochampally, about 40 kilometers southeast of Hyderabad. Your guide will explain the history of Pochampally, which had its name changed to Bhoodan Pochampally in 1951 when a rich landlord gifted his excess land to the Bhoodan movement. This movement was to persuade wealthy landowners to voluntarily give a percentage of their land to the landless people.
The guide will show you the textile weaving techniques, which the farmers operate in their own houses. This will be followed by a visit to the newly opened local art museum that features the artistic style of weaving called Ikkat. Afterwards, you will visit the famous house with 101 doors. You will also see other artisans such as potters, sieve makers, and “Lord Ganesh” idol makers.
During your tour, you will also visit Pochampally's main bazaar and explore the by-lanes of the village.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Hyderabad, Hyderabad, Hyderabad District, Telangana
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad India
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Partially wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.