Plovdiv- Small Group Day Trip
Enjoy a great group trip to Plovdiv- the oldest existing settlement in Europe. Admire the hills, walk through the longest pedestrian street in Europe, explore the unique Revival old town, see the Roman theater and learn more about the history of the town from your local guide. Most times the group size is 4-8 people.
per adult from
What's included :
- Group tour
- Guided sightseeing tour in the heart of Plovdiv
- Professional live guide in English!
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Audioguide in Spanish, Italian, German, French or Russian- 5 euro per person- paid on spot!
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral, Aleksander Nevski Square, Sofia Bulgaria
The meeting point is behind the cathedral.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Plovdiv Old Town, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
Discover the town of Plovdiv- one of the oldest existing settlements in world! See the Roman Theater and parts of the Roman Stadium. Walk through the longest pedestrian street in Europe. Explore the magnificent Revival old town with its unique colorful houses from the 19th century. See the recently uncovered early Christian mosaics dating back to the 4th century!
The cliche "you must see Plovdiv to see Bulgaria" is absolutely true and there is so much to explore in the country's second largest town. Plovdiv is about 1,5 hours drive from Sofia and is situated in the western part of the Thracian Valley. It is one of the oldest settlements in the world, having emerged on the three adjacent hills – the beginning of its history dates back to 4,000 years BC. It has preserved Thracian, Roman and Bulgarian heritage from different epochs. There will be a 2- 3 hour walking tour in the heart of the town and you will learn lots of historical facts and legends while exploring its most interesting sightseeing places.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :pl. "Sveti Aleksandar Nevski" 4, 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Rough terrain- please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.