Pizza Making in Frascati and Wine Tasting in Small Group by Train from Rome
Very peaceful Day Trip at a short distance from Rome ● Visit and enjoy Frascati with its authentic and welcoming inhabitants ● Join a great Pizza Cooking Class in a real bakery ● Enjoy a small group of 15 people or fewer for the best intimate experience
per adult from
What's included :
- Free pick-up service from accommodation in Rome, if centrally located, to Termini Rail Station
- Round Trip train ticket from Rome to Frascati
- Walking Tour in Frascati
- Pizza Cooking class in a real Frascati bakery
- Tasting of the Pizza you cooked served with delicious roasted pork and Frascati great wines
- Small group best experience
- Entry/Admission - Frascati Centro storico
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Tour Leader during tranportation by Train
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Frascati Centro storico, Da Via del Tuscolo, Frascati Italy
Join us in a very exciting afternoon and evening to discover the taste of the worldwide symbol of Italian cuisine, the mythic Pizza!! When you talk about Pizza you speak 100% Italian, and with this fantastic experience, we invite you to Frascati for a great evening of pizza making and wine tasting! While all other Pizza makings are usually done in Rome and are very similar to each other, we have preferred to change the setting and bring you out of the city, mixing history with food and letting you enjoy this charming experience with real genuine flavors, locals and friends in an original atmosphere. Frascati is at short distance from Rome, and it is well known for its charming streets and its stunning wine! In this magical place, the food and the wine are the main actors; this tour will help you discover the history, the culinary tradition and all the secrets of this outstanding village. The departure will be from Termini Railway Station, if you are staying in a centrally located hotel, we are glad to provide the transportation from the hotel to the railway station; in this case the pick up will be approximately at 03.00 p.m. (at 04.00 p.m. in July and August). The train leaves at 03.54 p.m. and 04.54 p.m. in July and August, in just 30 minutes you will reach Frascati and you will meet our friendly guide, Dominque.
The tour has officially started! Dominique will accompany you on a short tour of Frascati where you will see Villa Aldobrandini, Frascati’s Saint Peter’s Church, the main market plaza, many typical shops and taverns, the Bishop’s Palace and the 12th century church St. Rocco. The walking tour of Frascati will lead you to the Ceralli bakery right in the center of Frascati. Here you will meet Eugenio who makes the town’s bread, pizza and roasted pork. He is the 7th generation’s son of the Ceralli family, whom owns the “Antico Forno Ceralli” since its opening a century ago. During the Pizza Making Lesson, Eugenio will teach you everything you need to know in order to make an authentic Italian pizza: from mixing and kneading the dough to the way of laying the stretched out dough into the wood-burning oven. This type of oven gives the pizza and the pork a nice smoky flavor :)
When the pizza is hot and ready you will sit down and enjoy your final creation! The pizza will be accompanied by delicious roasted pork, wine cookies and paired with some Frascati Superiore DOCG wine and some Vagnolo IGT that Dominique will tell you all about. She is a licensed sommelier who can describe the wines for you in as much details as you like. She can also give you good suggestion on how to pair each wine with food.
At the end of the Pizza and Wine Tasting, you will walk back to the center of Frascati and to Frascati Railway Station to return to Rome. You will arrive at central Railway station at approx. 08.30 p.m.
If you enjoyed Frascati, but didn’t have enough, you can also remain in town and decide to take a later train back to Rome!
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Roma Termini, Piazza dei Cinquecento, 1, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Free pick-up service from accommodation in Rome, if centrally located
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.