Pink Beds Trail Running Tour
Every guide on our team has developed an intimate knowledge of our national forest and can offer you an in-depth history to all the areas we run in. Originally owned by George Vanderbilt, Pisgah National Forest is the oldest of its kind in the eastern United States and holds deep historical relevance among several generations.
Though different than a hiking tour, our running tours accommodate any pace - if you may consider yours more of a hike. It's also expected that we will stop several times for photos along the way.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
Starting at the picnic area, we'll depart for an easy 5-mile trail run through historic Pink Beds Valley. Along the way, we'll share history of the region and how it came to be one of the most important research sites for sustainable logging in the entire US. Originally owned by the Vanderbilt's, this area is blanketed in wildflowers throughout the spring and summer. During the fall and winter, the changing of the leaves reveals views to nearby peaks through the treeline.
This experience is great for all ages, groups, families, and even dogs! Afterward, we often head into Brevard for a cold beverage at one of our favorite breweries.
• Pink Beds Trail, Pisgah Forest, NC
Departure Point :11492 Pisgah Hwy, Pisgah Forest, NC 28768, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/24/2019 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 07:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.