Pinhão Valley Hike & Picnic
It is a walk along old paths of the Douro, used by locals to move to the land or to go to the fairs in search of provisions. Some sections still retain their original shape.
In this experience, it will be possible to observe the village of Pinhão from different perspectives and understand that life in the Douro Valley revolves around working in vineyards, olive groves and almond trees.
It is an 11.5km hike, of moderate difficulty, with an elevation gain of 690 meters.
At the end of the walk we can have a picnic with homemade and local products. Douro table wine and port wine are also included. It has an extra cost.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local and knowledgeable guide
- Lunch - Typical picnic with local products.
- Alcoholic Beverages - Port and Red wine
What's excluded :
- This experience is a walk through the Douro vineyards, olive groves and almonds. It is a 7 km (4.3 mi) walk, moderate level, with up and down different paths. We will use the traditional paths once used by locals to travel to work in the fields. During the walk, we will talk about the local culture and ways of life and end the walk with a typical picnic with homemade and local products and wine from the region, produced by a small wine producer.
• Douro River, Porto Portugal
• The Douro Valley, Lugar Da Ponte, Pinhao 5085-060 Portugal
• Typical picnic with homemade and local products.
Departure Point :Rua António Manuel Saraiva, R. António Manuel Saraiva, 5085 Pinhão, Portugal
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.