Pingyao Old City One-Day Tour
Explore Pingyao, famed for its well-preserved ancient walls, on this 8-hour tour. Your local guide will lead you to ancient temples and government buildings as well as what was the main commercial street of the city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Excellent local English-speaking tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Chinese lunch
- Entry/Admission - Ming and Qing Dynasties Street
What's excluded :
- Hotel accommodation
- Personal expense
- Your local guide will meet you at your Pingyao hotel at approximately 9am to begin your day-tour of this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Famed for its well-preserved ancient walls, Pingyao’s old town is on many lists of the best walled cities in the world.
Visit Rishenchange, the earliest draft bank in China. Established in 1823 during the early Qing Dynasty, it was the cornerstone of modern Chinese banking. Explore the City Wall, one of the best-preserved ancient walls, and the ancient government building, which functioned, once upon a time, as a government office and a court for civil disputes. It contains an executive office, a tax office, a trial hall and even a prison.
Next, enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch, visit the Armed Escort Company Museum on the original site of the security firm in the Ming and Qing Dynasties. It features the history of the armed escorts and the largest ten escort companies in China and the lives of the ten most famous armed escorts in the Ming and Qing dynasties.
Visit two temples, the Confucius Temple and the City God Temple. Lastly, explore Ming and Qing Street, which was the main commercial street in Pingyao. It is one of China’s cultural and historical landmarks, where both locals and tourists come to discover the antique charm of the Ming and Qing dynasties.
Departure Point :Your Pingyao hotel lobby
Departure Time :9am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.