Pillones Falls from Arequipa
Nature is an artist, capable of creating beautiful works of all kinds and in any case.
A clear example of this is the Pillones waterfalls, in the Imata stone forest, a tourist attraction in the heart of Arequipa.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tour guide.
- Infusion (Mate de Coca).
- First aid kit.
What's excluded :
- Other transfers not specified.
- Food not indicated (Breakfast, lunch).
- Tips for service (voluntary).
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Arequipa, Arequipa, Arequipa Region
Start: 6:00 a.m.
The site is at 4,600 meters above sea level and in winter there are icy winds.
When you arrive at the Pillones waterfalls, you will see dozens of rocks molded by the erosion of water and weather. You will also see numerous vizcachas (Andean rodents), most jumping over rocks. From there you can descend to the waterfall, but the road is dangerous: you must advance in squatting and with care. Once you get there, you can take pictures, enjoy the warm weather, the landscape, the flora and fauna typical of the region.
The forest of stones of Imata is a strange original rock formation, which is constituted by a set of natural stone columns that take the appearance of a mysterious enchanted and petrified forest. It has originated through thousands of years, simulating different silhouettes that resemble prehistoric animals, faces, silhouettes and monsters, among others. It is a prodigy of abstract art in nature, which invites us to interpret the shapes that the rocks have taken. Its originality allows those who visit the stone forest to admire such beauty.
Constituted by a set of natural stone columns of ignimbrite material that is the product of sedimentation of currents of material expelled from the volcano, it is constituted by ash, lapilli, and blocks. The components are welded together and can be called tuffitic gaps of volcanic material of all grain sizes. The work done by the erosive forces of nature (rain, wind, and sun), make it a fascinating place.
It is also highly probable that on the way you can observe vicuñas.
End: 5:00 p.m.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Arequipa: Pick up at hotel.Whenever it is in the center of the city and previous coordination with the Operator.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.