Pietrelcina, birthplace of Padre Pio.
Our tour will take you to Pietrelcina, a small town in Sannio, in the province of Benevento, where 133 years ago Francesco Forgione was born, whom the world knew as Padre Pio, and who continues to love for his testimony of Christian life and for his innumerable charisms. We will let you know the house where our beloved San Pio was born, is located at number 27 in Vico Storto Valle: a single room, which is accessed by three external steps, to the right of those who enter, a bedside table and a double bed squares, supported by wrought iron currents and iron feet; in front of the four-glass window, on this side a much-used hand-basin and an old chest, beyond a square table covered by a faded carpet, on which the books are piled up, those used by Padre Pio when he went to school; in a modest frame, a photograph of her sent to her mother by a young lady from San Giovanni Rotondo. Don't miss out on this authentic local experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- reception / assistance services
What's excluded :
- guide service
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Casa Natale di Padre Pio, Vico Storto Valle, Pietrelcina Italy
Padre Pio lived in environments distant from each other, where much of the furniture, utensils and even the hearth remained intact. Some houses develop along the Vico Storto Valle: at number 27, where the Saint was born, there is the parents' room; a room below served as a warehouse and stable for the donkey.
At number 28 there are two other small rooms: the kitchen and the bedroom of some of the children, which later became a dining room. Not far from the birthplace there is a small room which is accessed via a steep staircase, therefore called the "Torretta". In 1912 the Saint moved to via Santa Maria degli Angeli at n. 44, in a house of his brother Michele made up of three rooms, and lived there until February 17, 1916. Not accessible to the disabled.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
One of our drivers will wait for you in a business card suit.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Tour option + van 7/20/2020 - 11/1/2021
Tour option + minibus 7/20/2020 - 11/1/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Tour + car option 7/22/2020 - 11/1/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 09:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.