Pico Mountain Day Climb | with private Guide
Besides breathtaking views and unforgettable memories you will be in contact with geological formations such as volcanic pits, craters and cones, an
eruptive fissure, pyroclastic deposits and fumaroles and wander through the only alpine habitat of the Azores. The climb takes an average of 8 hours, including short stops and a picnic lunch at the top. The ascent and descent lead over the same, rather steep path of rocky and irregular ground, sometimes covered with loose material. A certified Pico mountain guide will give you tricks to make the climb easier, leading the way to the easiest ascent route, helping you to avoid injuries and encouraging you whenever needed. At the end of this amazing self-rewarding trip, we will take you back to Madalena for a well-earned rest. Climbing Pico mountain is a challenging and astonishing experience, but well worth the effort. At 2,351m/7,713ft above sea level, it is Portugal’s highest mountain and an active, currently dormant, volcano.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pre-tour briefing
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
- Certified guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pico Mountain (Montanha do Pico), Pico Portugal
Climbing Pico mountain is a challenging and astonishing experience, but well worth the effort. At 2,351m/7,713ft above sea level, it is Portugal’s highest mountain and an active, currently dormant, volcano. It takes an average of 3.5 hours to climb up and 3.5 hours to go down, depending on weather conditions and your fitness level.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :1: Madalena, Portugal
2: 9930 Lajes Do Pico, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up and drop off at your hotel or another plance inside the towns of Madalena and Lajes do Pico.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.