Pico Austria 5350m. 1 day trek
This is a fantastic trek in the Cordillera Real in a region of lakes and peaks known as Condoriri, or the place of the condor in Aymara. This region is frequented by climbers who take advantage of a single scenic lakeside base camp that affords accessibility to multiple peaks. Our trek will take us up the Condoriri valley past several pristine lakes and then up a beautiful trekking peak known as Pico Austria (5350 meters), with views of multiple glaciated peaks all the while. From the summit, we will have views of Lake Titicaca, the highlands, and the entire Condoriri region.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- hiking/ trekking chothing including rain coat and shoes
- Entrace free 20 BOB
- Extra snacks
- 2 liters of water
We will pick you up from your hotel at 7:30 am and we will drive for around 3 hours out of the city and through the Andean highlands until we reach Rinconada (4500 meters) from where we start the trek.
After an hour of gentle uphill trekking past several small lakes, we arrive at the larger lake of Chiar Khota (4700 meters). From there we begin the steeper ascent of Pico Austria (5350 meters) for around an additional 3 hours until we reach the summit.
From the top of Pico Austria, we have a spectacular view of Mt. Condoriri, with its shape of a Condor with its wings spread wide, Lake Titicaca, the west face of Huayna Potosi, and numerous other peaks of the Cordillera Real. Our descent to Rinconada will take around 2 hours.
We will return to La Paz in the evening
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from Hotels at La Paz City´s down town
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.