Phulchoki bird-watching tour
Phulchoki is approximately 14 km away, in south east of Kathmandu valley. Phulchoki means - hill of flowers in Nepali. It is hill of flower if you visit in the spring, the forest blossom different species of wild flower including the country's national flower - Rhododendron. Phulchoki is one of the highest hill in Kathmandu valley at an elevation of 2782 m above sea level.This beautiful hill consists of various species of flora and fauna. For the bird lover, Phulchoki is one of the best place for birding tour. So far, around 265 species of the birds does shelter here in Phulchoki. Some of them are tits, warblers, woodpeckers, thrushes, minivets, eagles and many migrant birds. After this amazing birdwatching hike, drive back to Kathmandu.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A professional birding guide
- Private transportation - Pick / drop to Godawori
- Packed lunch
What's excluded :
- Lunch & Dinner in kathmandu
- Entrance fees while entering Phulchoki
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Any other expenses which are not in ‘Cost Includes’ Section
- Entry/Admission - Phulchoki
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Phulchoki, Kathmandu Nepal
Our private vehicle will drop you to the Godawari which is the starting point for hiking via Naudhara entry point. A professional birding guide will help you figure out the bird species and their nature. The bird species such as: long-tailed Drongos, Greater Yellow nape, Grey-headed Woodpecker, Nepal Cutia, Ultramarine Flycatcher, and Black-winged Cuckoo shrike, etc. are found. We would suggest not to touch or harm any birds/animals that are found on the way.
As you reach Phulchowki hill (2.791m) you can enjoy the 360 scenic views of mountains, landscapes, and Kathmandu valley. You can also visit the Phulchowki Mai temple located in the hilltop. After a lunch break, hike back to Godawari and drive to Kathmandu.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup all the travelers from Kathmandu.
Departure Time :6:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.