Phnom Penh Small Group Tour of Remembrance
To discover a country you must understand its history. Learn the history and culture of Cambodia with a professional guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Hotel pickup
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Departing from your hotel or guesthouse, your day will begin with a visit to the Tuol Sleng Museum. This former high school built by the French had been from 1975 to 1979 the prison that was the most terrifying of the Khmer Rouge period. Called S-21 by the Khmer Rouge, it was a torture center where 15000 people were tortured then sent onto the extermination camp Choeung Ek to be killed. The prison guards were between 10 and 15 years old, indoctrinated by the seniors of Angkar and became crueler than the adults.
We will then follow in the footsteps of the victims to the Killing Fields. We allow time here for lunch and there a number of restaurants nearby.
After a break for lunch we visit the Killing Fields now a world renown place of reflection honoring the victims of the Khmer Rouge. The Killing Fields is located 15km to the south-west of Phnom Penh and allows you to glimpse into the horrors of this dark chapter of Cambodia’s history. It was a death camp where the Khmer Rouge killed around 17000 of their own people. Most of the victims were prisoners of Tuol Seng.
You day will end with a cleansing ceremony at a local temple to honor the people who lost their lives during this horrific period. An ideal way to end what for many is a confronting day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: By arrangement from guests hotel.Return point: Returns to original departure point or hotel.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum booking of 4 adults.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.