Phnom Kulen Tour
You will experience a wonderful tour of Phnom Kulen National Park where you can enjoy and learn about the nature, history and culture of the Khmer people. You will visit Phnom Kulen, a water spring, a reclining Buddha and a waterfall.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport, English Speaking Tour Guide, Drinking Water
What's excluded :
- Phnom Kulen Ticket ($20 per person), optional extras (Butterfly Centre $7 per person, Landmine Museum $5 per person), food, accommodation
- Phnom Kulen is a range of mountains located 30 km from Siem Reap city. This mountain’s name means the mountain of lychees. Phnom Kulen is considered a sacred place in Cambodia because of its special significance to Hindus and Buddhists. It was the birthplace of the Khmer Empire where King Jayavarman II proclaimed independence from Java in 804 CE.
The waterfall is the primary point to visit where you can enjoy the view of the jungle along the flowing water. You will also visit the 1000 Linga river where Lingas were carved in the river to make the water become holy. On the top of waterfall, there is a 9th century temple called Prasat Krau Romeas.
Then, you will continue to visit Wat Preah Ang Thom, a pagoda that has the biggest reclining Buddha in Cambodia. It is a sacred place for Khmer people, so it is important to take off your shoes and any head covering before climbing the stairs to the sanctuary.
Departure Point :Hotel lobby
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Back to hotel or anywhere in Siem Reap town.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed when going inside pagodas. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements. Outside of pagodas, this doesn't apply.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.