Petropolis The Imperial City Private Tour
Visit Brazil's Imperial City on this private, full-day tour to Petropolis, leaving from Rio de Janeiro. History is everywhere in this tropical mountain town — with palaces and churches dating back to Portuguese colonial times. Tour the city's most famous places, including the Quitandinha Palace, the Imperial Museum, Crystal Palace, the curious House of 7 Errors and more. Wander the charming old streets, dotted with old-fashioned European-style houses. Top the day off with a visit the first brewery in Brazil, founded by German immigrants. See things at your own pace with your private guide. Roundtrip transportation is included.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private car and driver
- Tour Guide (if Driver and Tour Guide option is chosen when booking)
- Hotel/seaport/airport pickup and drop-off
- Roundtrip to Petropolis
- Tickets for the attracions (except for the Brewery optional inside tour)
- Bottled Water and Snacks (snacks suspended due to covid-19 pandemic)
- Entry/Admission - Quitandinha Palace Congress and Convention Center
- Entry/Admission - Imperial Museum
- Entry/Admission - Museu Casa de Santos Dumont
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Cervejaria Bohemia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Quitandinha Palace Congress and Convention Center, Avenida Estados Unidos 2, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25651-050 Brazil
Former Hotel Casino with amazing architeture and luxurious decoration
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Imperial Museum, Rua da Imperatriz 220 Centro, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25610-320 Brazil
Former summer house of the Royal Family, now a museum with a permanent exhibition of their furnitures, musical instruments, clothing, jewerly and more.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Centro Historico de Petropolis, Rua do Imperador, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25620-900 Brazil
A walking to admire the beautiful historical houses of the Imperial City.
Stop At: Catedral de Sao Pedro de Alcantara, Rua Sao Pedro Alcantara 60, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25685-300 Brazil
The Metropolitan Cathedral of Petropolis, where the remains of the former Emperor D. Pedro II are buried
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ipiranga House, Avenida Ipiranga 716, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25610-150 Brazil
The famous "House of 7 Errors", this house has a quite interesting facade.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Cervejaria Bohemia, Rua Alfredo Pacha 166, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25685-210 Brazil
First brewery in Brazil. Optional inside tour (not included in the price) and an excellent restaurant for lunch
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Crystal Palace, Rua Alfredo Pacha S/N 0, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25685-210 Brazil
Former winter garden with beautiful architeture
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Museu Casa de Santos Dumont, Rua do Encanto, 22 _ Centro Próximo ao Relógio das Flores, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25685-081 Brazil
House of Santos Dumont, the father of aviation.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Parque Nacional da Serra dos Orgaos, Estrada do Bonfim Correas, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25730-010 Brazil
The road that leads to Petropolis. Breathtaking view !
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We provide pickup and drop-off services in all hotels, airbnbs, apartments, airports and seaport within the city of Rio de Janeiro. If your pickup point is not listed please inform us in the appropriate field or in Special Requirements section.For airport pickup, please inform the arrival flight details; for seaport pickup, please inform cruise ship details.Airports
- Internacional Airport, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
- Santos Dumont Airport, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
- RIOgaleão - Tom Jobim International Airport, Av. Vinte de Janeiro, s/nº - Ilha do Governador, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 21941-900, Brazil
- Rio de Janeiro Seaport (Pier Mauá)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- For hotel pickup, please inform hotel information; for airport pickup, please inform the arrival flight details; for cruise terminal pickup, please inform cruise ship details;
- Due to the covid-19 pandemic the Imperial Museum and Quitandinha Palace are closed. We'll update this as it chages.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.