Peterhof palace and gardens tour with hydrofoil ride
St. Petersburg's most famous and spectacular Imperial estate. Located on the sea shore The Grand Palace and park complex of Peterhof with its unique array of fountains is considered to be one of the most beautiful in the world. Come see for yourself!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up
- High speed boat-trip way back
- Entry/Admission - Peterhof State Museum Preserve
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Peterhof State Museum Preserve, Razvodnaya ul., d. 2, Peterhof, St. Petersburg 198516 Russia
The Upper Garden, located between the St Petersburg highway and the Grand Palace, is a typical French-style formal garden with five fountains including one depicting Neptune, the God of the Sea. Peterhof palaces and parks,conceived by the Peter the Great as a seaside residence are unmatched in Europe. Grand Palace is a Grand residence,designed to capture the imagination of foreign visitors, scope and luxury.The cozy" Monplaisir" - the favourite Palace of Peter I(the Emperor did not like large spaces)this is the first picture gallery in Russia.Next is the wing,where Catherine the Great lived,even before becoming Empress and how she went on to do a coup.Everything here is history!
The estate's Lower Park lies between the Grand Palace and the seashore and boasts the world's largest system of fountains, earning it the title the "Russian Versailles". The park's unique fountain system was designed in the 18th century and doesn't require the use of any pumps to operate the fountains.There are three major cascades and over 140 fountains in the park. The most impressive is the Grand Cascade, located directly below the Grand Palace, which features an impressive golden statue of Samson grasping the mighty jaws of the lion. The park's other cascades feature black and white chess board designs, Chinese dragons and numerous other features definitely worth seeing!
After visiting the Palace and walking through the Park you will enjoy a marine boat trip back to the city center. It takes only 30 minutes. Attention,please! On days Grand Palace is closed due to day off or govermens event we are replacing it with Monpleisire or other gala Palace,on days hydrofoils are cancelled due to stormy wether we will substitute it with a car for the way back.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel holding a sign with you name.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The fountains operate from early May to early October
- On days Grand Palace is closed due to day off or govermens event we are replacing it with Monpleisire or other gala Palace
- On days hydrofoils are cancelled due to stormy wether we will substitute it with a car for the way back.
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.