Perito Moreno Glacier Day Trip with Optional Boat Ride from El Calafate
Marvel at the spectacular Perito Moreno glacier in Los Glaciares National Park on this full-day trip from El Calafate. Travel by coach to the UNESCO-listed park and prepare for your first view of Perito Moreno at the 'Curve of the Sighs' (Curva de los Suspiros). Explore the park’s walkways and viewpoints to see the glacier from different angles and levels, and hear the roar as ice chunks fall into Lake Argentino. For the ultimate views, upgrade to include a 1-hour boat cruise along the glacier’s towering front wall — simply unforgettable!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Boat ride (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Pasarelas Perito Moreno
- Entry/Admission - Lago Argentino
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to Los Glaciares National Park. (ARS $ 880). Prices subject to change without notice.
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional Los Glaciares
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tangol El Calafate, Cmte. Tomas Espora 10, El Calafate Z9405BWB Argentina
The tour starts with the pick up from your hotel located in central Calafate
Stop At: Parque Nacional Los Glaciares, Avenida Del Libertador 1302, El Calafate Z9405AHY Argentina
This unique natural wonder has been declared a "World Heritage Site of Humanity" by UNESCO in 1981. The National Park includes a scenario of mountains, lakes and forests, a large portion of the Andes Mountains covered with ice and snow to the west and the arid Patagonian steppe to the east.
Duration: 5 hours
Pass By: Perito Moreno National Park, Perito Moreno Argentina
In the South area of the National Park, it is the most famous of all the glaciers, the Perito Moreno Glacier. It owes its fame to its continuous movement, which produces a cyclical phenomenon of ongoing advance and retreat with spectacular falls of gigantic blocks of ice into the waters.
Stop At: Pasarelas Perito Moreno, Parque Nacional Los Glaciares, El Calafate 9405 Argentina
Follow the boardwalks to strategically placed viewing platforms to witness the glacier from all angles and levels, and admire the surrounding mountain and forest scenery.
For close-up views of Perito’s south face, visit the footbridge directly in front of the glacier. Marvel at the craggy 196-foot (60 meter) high front wall, with its meringue-like peaks and cliffs soaring over the lake’s waters. Take close-up photos and listen for the eerie creaks that precede the regular calving — when chunks of ice rupture and fall into the lake in a crashing spectacle.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Lago Argentino, El Calafate Argentina
if you choose the boat ride option, step aboard and sail across the Rico arm of Lake Argentino. Then, have your camera ready as you sail between floating ice close to the majestic 196-foot (60 meter) high front wall. Gaze up at the towering cliffs and watch spellbound as chunks of ice crash into the water — an unforgettable sight.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear warm, comfortable clothes and shoes and bring water, snacks and sunscreen
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- IMPORTANT: If you wish to cancel your tour, please note that no refund will be granted from the 24th of December to the 02nd of January. All sales are final between those dates.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.