Pergamon and Asklepion full day private guided tour
If you are fond of history and archaeology this tour will fit in all your interests. The Acropolis and the Asklepion of ancient Pergamum, both listed among the top 100 historical sites on the Mediterranean. The Asklepion was the world’s first medical center, using groundbreaking techniques in healing such as bathing, dieting, exercise, and dream therapy. Our local guide will be happy to show you this unique place and to tell you its story.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional licensed guide
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation in a private vehicle
- Entrance tickets
- All fees and taxes
- Entry/Admission - The Acropolis
- Entry/Admission - The Asklepion
- Entry/Admission - Red Basilica (Kizil Avlu)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Acropolis, Bergama Turkey
Your guide will meet you in your hotel or on your cruise ship. You will drive approximately 1,5 hours by private car.
Your first stop will be Pergamon Acropolis.
The ancient site of Pergamum should win an award for its stunning location alone. Rolling across the hillside, five kilometers from the modern town of Bergama (there is a cable car if you have no car and don't fancy the steep ascent), the Acropolis area was once the beating heart of a powerful Hellenistic city.
You will have about one hour to have lunch.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Asklepion, Zafer Mah. Prof. Dr. Frieldhelm Korte Cad. No:1, Bergama 35700 Turkey
After that, you will visit Acropolis.
This ancient spa is a two-kilometer uphill hike from the modern town of Bergama. During the 2nd century AD, it thrived as a major healing center, with mud bath treatments and the use of herbal remedies, and many of its remaining buildings date from its Roman-era glory days rather than the earlier Hellenistic period.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Red Basilica (Kizil Avlu), Adjacent to the second otogar, Bergama Turkey
This massive red-brick ruin was originally built by Hadrian (AD 117-138) as a temple dedicated to the gods Serapis and Isis. Later, in the Byzantine era, it was converted into a church and dedicated to the Apostle John, who had earlier called this grandiose pagan temple the throne of the devil.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Izmir Port, Umurbey, 35230 Konak/İzmir, Turkey
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.