Penguins Walks And Wildlife In The Wild
Wildlife in the wild, stunning coastal walking, a gourmet lunch and the Penguin Parade. Come and join one of Australia's most experienced field guides in a small group (max 11) as you explore the rugged coastline of the Bass Coast. During the winter months there are excellent opportunities to see humpback and Southern Right whales from the cliffs as the migrate along the east coast of Australia! Look for wallabies in the wild and finish the day with the world famous Penguin Parade.
• Melbourne CBD Hotel pick up and return
• Join one of Australia's most experienced nature field guides
• Gourmet lunch
• Wildlife in the wild
• Search for whales in the winter months
• Koala Conservation Centre
• Authentic and expiring experience led by passionate local guide
• Small group tour in a spacious and comfortable 12 seat Mercedes bus
• No wildlife parks and petting zoos, just pure nature
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Melbourne CBD Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Drinks (Soft drinks, alcohol etc)
- Evening meal
- Our tour begins with a pick up at your Melbourne CBD accommodation and departs from our central meeting point at St Pauls Cathedral at 9.30am (May to October) and at 10.30am October to April 30). You will travel in a small group of a maximum of 11 guests in our comfortable and spacious high roof Mercedes mini coach.
Your guide will take you straight through to San Remo where we begin the walk along a beautifully maintained trail in the direction of Kilcunda. Although the walk is only 6.7kms in length and not difficult it should take around 2.5 hours to complete as most people like to stop for photos or scan the ocean for whales so we have allowed plenty of time for you to get to the end. With the promise of a beautifully prepared and delicious lunch waiting at the end we know you will have all the incentive you need to finish strongly!.
After a relaxed lunch we make our way on to the island with our first stop being the Koala Conservation Centre. Here you will be able to amble along easy paths and raised boardwalks where you can spot Koalas resting or feeding in the trees. You will also have the opportunity to learn about koalas and the important conservation work being undertaken to ensure the survival of the species in the wild as they face increasing pressure from habitat loss and illness.
As the sun begins to get low it is time to make our way over to the Summerland peninsula for the penguin parade but before we get there we take a short loop drive out to the Nobbies for some spectacular views of the Seal Rocks and a chance to see plenty of wallabies grazing on the native Poa grass that covers the ground hiding thousands of penguin burrows.
There are many Penguin parade experience options for you to choose from which need to be pre booked. Included in the cost of your tour is a general admission ticket however we strongly recommend upgrading your ticket to Penguins Plus seating for a much better and more intimate viewing experience. You can opt to upgrade your penguin viewing experience on our booking page however please be aware that numbers are limited in Penguins Plus, underground viewing, Guided ranger tours and the ultimate tour so upgrade confirmations can only be guaranteed immediately when booking well in advance.
Departure Point :Melbourne St Pauls Cathedral and selected hotels in the CBD
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Any Melbourne CBD hotel or St Pauls Cathedral
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not suitable for children under 6
- Upgrades to Penguins plus, Penguin underground and Guided ranger experiences are subject to availability and are often sold out in advance.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Organised by Great Southern Escapes