Penguins At Boulders Beach, Simonstown from Cape Town
This is a private tour for up to four friends or family and nobody else.
We travel along the beautiful Atlantic seaboard towards Hout Bay and over the world famous Chapmans Peak Drive, one of the great ocean drives where we stop several times to take in the spectacular scenery and some photos.
We then drive through Noordhoek towards Simonstown, a naval town with its array of old historical buildings, interesting shops and good restaurants. You may wish to take a stroll down the main street before heading off to visit the African penguin colony at Boulders Beach a few kilometres away.
We spend about 45 minutes to an hour with the penguins on the boardwalk above the beach. In the warmer months it may be possible to swim with them at the beach.
We return to Cape Town via Kalk Bay and Muizenberg, if time allows we can also include a stop at for some wine tasting at Groot Constantia, the oldest wine estate in South Africa. Sometimes we reverse the direction depending on traffic.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Private guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- ENTRANCE FEES TO BOULDERS BEACH AT R160 pp
- WINE TASTING, GRATUITIES, PURCHASES
- Entry/Admission - Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Boulders Beach Penguin Colony, Simon's Town 7995 South Africa
We can include this as part of the Cape Point tour, or make it a half day tour to Simonstown, which in itself is a quaint seaside town which is the headquarters of the South African Navy. It is a historical town with a number of restored old buildings and the penquins are on the outskirts of Simonstown in a protected area on Boulders Beach. During summer one can actually swim with the penquins when they co-operate.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All centrally located Cape Town hotels, vacation apartments, guest houses
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.