Penang Hill and Temple Tour
Ascend Penang Hill, 720-metre above sea level by means of funicular train. Enjoy the bird’s eye view (usually clearer in the afternoon) of George Town and feel the cool and refreshing air at the summit. Another highlight is Kek Lok Si, Southeast Asia’s largest Buddhist temple. Marvel at the 30-metre high statue of the Goddess of Mercy, the 7-tier ‘Thousand-Buddha Pagoda’ and the ‘Pond of Longevity’.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected beach and city hotels in Penang Island)
- English speaking driver and guide
- Funicular train ride
- Entry/Admission - Penang Hills
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Penang Hills, Penang Island Malaysia
Penang Hill is the oldest British hill station in Southeast Asia, dated late 1700's. Ride the steep funicular railway up Penang Hill. Enjoy panoramic views across the island and explore the historic British hill station, dating back to the 18th century.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Kek Lok Si Temple, 1000-L, Tingkat Lembah Ria 1, Air Itam, Penang Island 11500 Malaysia
Staggered on hillside terraces overlooking Air Itam, Malaysia's largest Buddhist temple is a visual delight. Built between 1890 and 1905, Kek Lok Si is the cornerstone of the Malay-Chinese community, which provided the funding for its two-decade-long construction (and ongoing additions). Its key features are the seven-tier Thousand-Buddha Pagoda and an awesome 36.5 meters-high bronze statue of Goddess of Mercy.
To reach the temple's main entrance, you'll have to run the gauntlet of souvenir stalls on the uphill path. You'll also pass a pond packed with turtles. There are a lot of stairs involved, but the final stretch up to the statute of Goddess of Mercy is covered by a funicular.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from selected beach and city hotels in Penang Island
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.