Pelgrim Tours - Moon Landscape & Welwitschia Mirabilis Tour
The Welwitschia plant, often reffered to as a "living fossil", is the only genus of the family Welwitschiaceae and order Welwitschiales, in the devision Gnetophyta. Welwitschia Marbilis is endemic to the Namid Desert.
This plant only has two leaves, these leaves never stop growing and are the only leaves that this plant will ever bear. They eventually become split, frayed and shredded into several well-seperated strap-shaped sections.
The largest specimens are no taller than 1.5meters, however the circumference of the leaves at contact with the sand may ecceed 8meters. Some individuals are as old as 2000 years!
Embark on this unique day tour from Walvis Bay or Swakopmund and see or LIVING FOSSIL! A 5 hour excursion into the Welwitschia plains that includesl lunch and transfers from your accomodation.
*Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Moon Landscape
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moon Landscape, c28 Namibia
Enjoy the spectacular and bizarre view points of the moon landscape.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Kovambo Nujomo, Walvis Bay, Namibia
Traveler pickup is offered
pick up at any bed and breakfast/accommodation in Walvis Bay.Ports
- Walvis Bay port, Unnamed Road, Walvis Bay, Namibia
- Walvis Bay International Airport, Namibia
- Flamingo Villas Boutique Hotel, Walvis Bay, Namibia
- Walvis Bay Yacht Club managed by Rojo Pub and Restaurant, Atlantic Street, Walvis Bay, Namibia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.