Peles Royal Castle & Wine Tasting - 9 hours
You will spend this day in a royal style visiting Peles Castle, the impressive former summer residence of the first king of Romania, Carol Ist and enjoy a traditional Romanian lunch in a picturesque wine cellar. At Rhein wine cellars you will find out the story of winemaking in Romania discover how the sparkling wine is produced here.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by car/minibus
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel
- 3 course meal and wine tasting in Azuga
- English speaking tour guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Peles Castle
- Entry/Admission - Sinaia Monastery
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Peles Castle, Str. Pelesului 2, Sinaia 106100 Romania
Peles Castle has been, from the turn of the 19th century, the main point of attraction of the Sinaia resort. The edifice was built in 1873 on the order of Carol de Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen – King of Romania from 1866 – and is an architectural mixture of the German School and neo-renaissance style. The castle has 160 rooms, all of them opulently decorated in leather and wood from the most valuable tree species. The Armour Hall, Reception Hall, Concert Hall and, of course, the Royal Chamber is famous. Peles also served as the retreat residence of most of Romania”s monarchs – Carol I who died here in 1914, King Ferdinand and Queen Maria.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Sinaia Monastery, Manastirii 2, Sinaia 106100 Romania
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Azuga, Azuga, Prahova County, Southern Romania
Wine tasting and traditional lunch including 3-course meal and water at Azuga Wine Cellars (founded in 1892 and “Official wine supplier of the Royal Family”).
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Address in Bucharest
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- A minimum of 2 people is required for this trip to run.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.