Pedra do Sino Trekking - 02 days - Serra dos Órgãos - Rio de Janeiro
Pedra do Sino is located in the mountainous region of Rio de Janeiro, at an altitude of 2,275m. It is the highest point in the Serra dos Órgãos Moutain Range.
Our tour begins at the entrance of the Park in Teresópolis city, and we will continue towards the Beija-Flor River Dam, the starting point of the trail. The course is done on average in 6 hours of walking. During the trail we can observe the transition from the rich vegetation of the Atlantic Forest to the vegetation of high altitude fields.
Almost reaching the summit there is a mountain shelter known as Shelter 4 where we will spend teh night. This place serves as a shelter for those who make the Petrópolis x Teresópolis Crossing too. On the next day we will enjoy one of the most beautiful sunrises in Brazil at the Sino's Summit.
Transport from Rio and main meals are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Specialists Guides in long-distance trekking;
- Guided Pedra do Sino trekking in 02 days;
- Transportation Rio de Janeiro x Teresópolis;
- Transportation Teresópolis x Rio de Janeiro;
- Serra dos Órgãos National Park taxes;
- Food advising (for snacks during the trekking) before leaving;
- Remote monitoring of the Expedition;
- Coletive First-aid kit;
- Personal accident insurance;
- Satellite tracking via SpotGen3;
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional da Serra dos Orgaos
- Entry/Admission - Pedra do Sino
What's excluded :
- Meals not described as included;
- Personal use medice;
- Any item not described as included.
Day 1: Day 1: Rio de Janeiro City (hotel Pick-up) x Teresópolis Headquarters x Shelter 4
Stop At: Parque Nacional da Serra dos Orgaos, Avenida Rotariana, Teresopolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25960-602 Brazil
The expedition begins at the headquarters of the Serra dos Órgãos National Park in Teresópolis city We will walk by the lower part of the park until entering the trail that will take us to the Pedra do Sino Peak. During the ascent we cross two waterfalls where the highlight is the Veil of the Bride of Teresópolis with 16 meters of height. Upon arriving at Shelter 4 we will set up our camping for overnight. We can make an attack on the Pedra do Sino Peak to enjoy a great sunset or rest.
Hiking distance: 14km
Overnight mode: Camping at the Shelter 4 (Pedra do Sino base)
Duration: 10 hours
Accommodation included: Camping at the Shelter 4 (Pedra do Sino base)
Day 2: Day 2: Pedra do Sino Summit x Teresópolis Headquarters x Transport Back to Rio de Janeiro
Stop At: Pedra do Sino, Parque Nacional da Serra dos Órgãos, Guapimirim, State of Rio de Janeiro 25940-000 Brazil
We will wake up early for a nocturnal attack to the summit of Pedra do Sino (or the 'Pedra da Baleia') to enjoy the beautifull sunrise with visual for all Rio de Janeiro, Guanabara Bay and Tijuca Forest. The morning will be free time to enjoy the camping and explore the surrounding area. Pico do Papudo is a good request! We will raise camp and return to the porterhouse of the headquarters of Teresópolis.
Hiking distance: 13 km
Overnight mode: -
Duration: 8 minutes
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years;
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions;
- A high amount of walking (moutain trekking) is involved;
- What you need to bring (Mandatory)
- ID or Passaport;
- Trekking Backpack;
- Sleeping bag (for 0~5 ºc);
- Sleeping Pad;
- Walking stick (01 or 02);
- Headlight and batteries;
- Bottle of water;
- Boot / Hiking shoes;
- Dry Fit / Polyamide shirts;
- Anorak /Fleece;
- Backpack sapce for trash;
- Toilet paper;
- Cell phone;
- Sancks for the day;
- Snacks for between meals.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.