Peak Nic - A hike and an outdoor cooking lesson
Cooking in the back-country is an art. It takes careful planning, cool outdoor gear and light weight ingredients. At Peak Nic, you will experience how it feels to be completely self-sufficient in the great outdoors.
Equipped with a small backpack full of ingredients, outdoor cooking gear and a hiking pole, you will be hiking a 3.5 KM intermediate trail to a famous local peak Old Fort Point. Once at the top, we will setup camp and I will teach you how to cook delicious food in the outdoors using light and flavor-packed ingredients with a "leave-no-trace" approach. We will then sit and enjoy our creations while taking in panoramic views.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Cooking Equipment, Stove, Pots, Pans
- Hiking Poles
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Peak Nic is a 3.8 KM intermediate hike up a stunning peak followed by a hands-on back-country cooking lesson, where you will learn to prepare your own gourmet meal in the outdoors using efficient and environmentally friendly cooking methods.
We will first meet at the Old Fort Point Parking Lot located just 3 KM outside of the Jasper town site.
You will then be provided with a small backpack containing ingredients, outdoor cooking gear and a hiking pole, and we will guide you 3.5 KM on an intermediate trail to a stunning local peak Old Fort Point. Once at the top, we will setup camp and I will teach you how to cook delicious food in the outdoors using light and flavor-packed ingredients with a "leave-no-trace" approach. We will then sit and enjoy our creations while taking in panoramic views, then take the short descent back to where we started.
• Old Fort Point Loop Trail, Old Fort Point Road, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0 Canada
• Chili and Cheesy Bannock - A rich, classic bowl of warm chili paired with a traditional indigenous bread stuffed with melted aged cheddar .
• Curry and Rice - A warming red lentil Dahl and clove scented Basmati rice
Departure Point :Old Fort Point Road, Old Fort Point Rd, Jasper, AB T0E, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.