Past Kingdoms with a local Chiang Mai Touch
For visitors who have an interest in what’s truly local and want to experience more about local life country. An early morning rise to give alms to monks at a local temple is followed by a visit to the ruins of an ancient city: Wiang Kum Kam.
• Take part in an early morning alms giving ceremony
• Drive in a horse-drawn carriage through Wiang Kum Kam
• See how locals spend their lives along the Ping River
• Visit a lesser-known part of Chiang Mai
• Return transfers from and to your hotel are included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- Horse-drawn carriage ride around Wiang Kum Kam
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description
- Boat trip over the Ping River
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Wiang Kum Kam
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Buddhist Temple, Unnamed Road, ตำบล บ้านกาด อำเภอ แม่วาง เชียงใหม่ 50360, Thailand
We touch the very heart of the spiritual and cultural heart of Chiang Mai. Early morning risers will enjoy the cool morning air of Chiang Mai at dawn when your guide and driver await you at your hotel lobby.
One of the most unique experiences in Thailand is a visit to a Buddhist temple to offer alms to the Buddhist monks. Each morning before dawn, the monks put on their distinctive saffron robes and quietly pad in their bare feet along the streets, carrying alms bowls and receiving boiled rice and condiments from the citizens of Thailand In return people receive the monks’ blessings. A brief exploration at the Srisoda temple may be made as well, religious festivals permitting.
We return to your hotel for breakfast and some time to reflect on an amazing morning.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wiang Kum Kam, Chiang Mai Thailand
After finishing that important first meal of the day, we head to the city ruins of Wiang Kum Kam, one of the latest discoveries around Chiang Mai. Wiang Kum Kam was a settlement long before King Mengrai’s capital around 1287- 1290. Frequent flooding caused Mengrai to move, but the place remained important throughout the Lanna period. The area was restored as a historical park during the 1980s. Surrounded by paddy and village houses, the extensive site has a pleasant rural feel, yet it is very close to Chiang Mai.
We will tour the ancient city ruins aboard a horse-drawn carriage before moving on to the riverbanks of the Ping River, the main water artery that flows through Chiang Mai.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Mae Ping River, Chiang Mai Thailand
This slowly meandering river is predominantly known as the main aquatic artery that flows through Chiang Mai. At a length of almost 660 kilometres, it also gently flows through nearby provinces such as Tak, Kamphaeng Phet and Lamphun. We will sail over the river for approximately 45 minutes before disembarkation and a short drive back to your hotel, where we expect to arrive at around 11 am.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Chiang Mai hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Chiang Mai areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Mae Rim, Hang Dong, Doi Saket, Mae Taeng and Chiang Mai International Airport are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
- We regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users. Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- During this tour, we will enter religious sites where a dress code may be applicable. Please dress respectfully by wearing clothing that cover the knees and shoulders, avoid wearing clothing with bright, fluorescent colours of any kind, obscene prints or pictures, beach wear or strapless sandals / flip flops. Failure to comply may result in denying access into these sites.
- It is of the greatest importance to follow the guide’s instructions during this event in paying respect to the local customs. This includes approaching the monks, taking photographs and obeying the unwritten rules and regulations of this deeply spiritual encounter.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.