Passion of Christ Walking Tour in Rome
Superb tour providing an intimate encounter with the physical objects collected and/or related to the Passion and Death of Jesus Christ. This tour visits the Basilica of St Mary Major containing wood from the manger in which Jesus once lay, the original icon of the Virgin of the Passion aka Mother of Perpetual Succour, San Prassede containing a fragment of the pillar on which Christ was flogged. Walk up the the Holy Stairs that Jesus walked when being judged by Pontius Pilate, see the church built by S. Helena over spread earth brought from Jerusalem and a chapel containing relics of the Holy Sepulchre, the Cave of Bethlehem, a nail of the crucifixion, a thorn of the crown of thorns and a small walnut board reading INRI.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, Piazza di Santa Maria Maggiore 42, 00185 Rome Italy
Major Basilica of St Mary containing relics of the Crib of the Nativity and an Icon painted by St Luke in addition to much more
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di Santa Prassede, Via di Santa Prassede 9/A, Rome Italy
Ancient Basilica containing magnificent mosaics and the pillar on which Jesus was flogged in Jerusalemn
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chiesa di Sant'Alfonso all'Esquilino, Via Merulana, 00185 Rome Italy
Gorgeous Neo-Gothic church containing the original Icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help aka the Theotokos of the Passion - perhaps the most famous icon in the world
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Scala Santa and Chapel of San Lorenzo, Piazza di San Giovanni in Laterano 14, 00184 Rome Italy
The Holy Steps outside the Praetorium where Jesus was judged in Jerusalem brought to Rome in the 4th Century.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Arcibasilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Piazza di Porta San Giovanni, 4, 00184 Rome Italy
The Cathedral of Rome containing the skulls of Sts Peter & Paul
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di Santa Croce in Gerusalemme, Piazza di Santa Croce in Gerusalemme 12, 00185 Rome Italy
Ancient Basilica housing the relics of the Passion and Death of Jesus brought from Jerusalem
Duration: 35 minutes
Departure Point :Basilica Papale di Santa Maria Maggiore, Piazza di S. Maria Maggiore, 00100 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Basilica of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem, Piazza di S. Croce in Gerusalemme, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.