Parmigiano Reggiano & Balsamic Vinegar Private Tour and Tasting
Have you ever wondered how the King of Italian cheeses is made? What is the feeding of Parmigiano Reggiano dairy cows, how much milk do they produce, how is it stored and delivered to the dairy? Have you ever wondered what the ingredients are, how the processing takes place? We will follow the cheese production process step by step, side by side with the expert master cheesemaker. We will see the master cheese maker’s deft movements during the breaking of the curd with the “spino” and the delicate cooking phase during which the heat is skillfully controlled to expel water from the granules. We will discover ancient tools and modern materials, method and passion, a magical combination that leads to the creation of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese every morning. At the end of this experience, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese will always be a taste which brings back memories of the passion and the marvels encountered along the way. We are waiting for you to live a truly unforgettable experience!
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional local guide
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese dairy admission fee
- Traditional Balsamic Vinegar House admission fee
- Tasting of 12, 24 and 36 months old Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Tasting of 12, 20 and 25 years old Traditional Balsamic Vinegar and 3 and 10 years old condiments
- Bottled water
- Option 1 includes Transportation
What's excluded :
- Option 2 does not include Transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Consorzio del Formaggio Parmigiano Reggiano, Via John Fitzgerald Kennedy, 18, 42124 Reggio Emilia RE, Italy
We will visit an authentic Parmigiano Reggiano cheese dairy and the visit will be followed by tasting of 12 months, 24 months and 36 months old Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Reggio Emilia, Reggio Emilia, Province of Reggio Emilia, Emilia-Romagna
We will discover the secrets of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar, one of the hidden and still little-known jewels of the Reggio Emilia and Modena area. We will visit a Traditional Balsamic Vinegar producer and the visit will be followed by tasting of 12 years old, 20 years old and 25 years old Traditional Balsamic Vinegar and 3 years old and 10 years old balsamic condiments.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :The Space Cinema, Largo Sergio Leone, 7/A, 43124 Parma PR, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-up and drop-off is included in the "Price including transportation" option. When Travelers select the "Self-Drive Price" option, we'll see them at the Departure Point.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Not available for vegans and vegetarians.
- Your health is our top priority and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity.
- Stringent Cleaning - We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests.
- Social Distancing - Guests will keep at all time the minimum safety distance in accordance with the instructions given in each place visited. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE.
- Guides and suppliers receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.