Paris Walking Tour: Secret Sites and Hidden Gems
Wander through the luxurious, hidden streets, garden & passages of Paris with a local. Savour a sugary-sweet macaron at a popular Parisian food shop. Enjoy the elegant surroundings of the Louvre’s garden. Admire medieval & renaissance-era architecture. Become a cheese connoisseur at a Parisian fromagerie. Experience the bustling vibe of a busy French market as you become a Parisian for a day. This small group tour is limited to maximum 12 guests.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- 1 Macaron in Paris’ most illustrious food shop
- Cheese tasting session in a French fromagerie
- Entry/Admission - Jardin des Tuileries
- Entry/Admission - Jardin du Palais Royal
- Entry/Admission - Eglise Saint-Eustache
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - L'église de la Madeleine
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: L'église de la Madeleine, Place de la Madeleine, 75008 Paris, France
Get to know the City of Light through the eyes of a local on this tour full of tantalising treats and cultural gems! We will start our tour in front of the Eglise de la Madeleine, located in the centre of the Madeleine square. You will hear the story of the chaotic construction of this unusual looking church.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Place de la Concorde, 75008 Paris France
In the centre of the square by the obelisk you will hear the rich history of Paris' largest square. This is here that the king Louis XVI and the queen Marie-Antoinette got beheaded.
We will then stop in at an illustrious food store and take the chance to sample a mouth-watering macaron, a delicious French speciality, and an ultimate Paris travel experience.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Jardin des Tuileries pl. de la Concorde, rue de Rivoli, 75058 Paris France
We will walk in these beautiful garden designed at the time of Catherine de Médicis. They offer a great view and perspective over the Arc de Triomphe, the Champs-Élysées to the neighbouring Louvre.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Place Vendome, 75001 Paris France
We will stop in this beautiful royal square now located in the centre of the luxury district in Paris. You will hear about the rich history of the square's construction and the column that seats now in its centre.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Louvre Museum, 99 rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris France
Your Paris city tour continues towards the iconic Louvre, home to some of the world’s most celebrated art. The enigmatic Mona Lisa and gorgeous Venus de Milo both live in this treasure trove of fine art. We won't be stopping in (it can take hours — no, days — to properly explore the grand Louvre!), but we will wander through an arcade that offers a free glimpse into the famous sculpture gallery.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Jardin du Palais Royal, 6 rue de Montpensier, 75001 Paris France
Nestled in the Palais Royal, these secret garden are a rare Parisian jewel, absolutely unknown by most tourists. You'll hear the story of their construction and how these peaceful looking garden were the seediest place in Paris until recently.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Eglise Saint-Eustache, 2 impasse Saint Eustache, 75001 Paris France
One of Paris' biggest church, it is also a very well-kept secret, a fantastic church that most tourists don't know about. You'll have a glance inside that imposing XVIth century building, that once was the church of the nearby merchants.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Rue Montorgueil, 75001 Paris France
Finally we will head to a lively Parisian market to indulge in one of France’s most popular gastronomic pleasures — cheese! Perhaps taste some smooth, mild Brie or sample a slice of pungent Roquefort — known as the ‘King of Cheeses’. Afterwards, amble through Paris’ secret arcades to discover quirky shops, unique boutiques, and one of the oldest buildings in Paris.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Place de la Madeleine, 75008 Paris, France
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :137 Rue Saint-Martin, 75004 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 6 years old are not allowed on the tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Dress standard: Standard dress, comfortable walking shoes, and an umbrella, depending on the weather.
- Additional Information: Please note that the cheese shop we are working with is closed on Monday morning. We will replace this activity with another inclusion.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- By joining this tour you support a locally owned fromagerie, La Fermette, that mainly works with small farmers.
- Your tour also visits Pep’s, the last umbrella fixer in Paris, highlighting his role in reducing the environmental impact of our consuming habits.
- You will pick up some responsible travel tips from your guide, such as where to find fresh water when you need to fill up your bottle, or where to shop in a sustainable manner.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.