Paris Private Belleville Art Tour
Take a break from Paris’ heavier, more significant art of the Louvre and other famous museums by checking out a more modern side of the city’s art scene—the street art of the Belleville neighborhood.
With an art guide, walk the tourist-friendly yet un-touristy streets to see murals and other art on the sides of buildings. Learn about how French singer Edith Piaf grew up in this neighborhood, and how in the 1980s, many Parisian musicians and artists moved here for the lower rents. This turned the neighborhood into an artist enclave, as industrial buildings were converted into studios and Belleville became the heart of Paris’ urban art movement.
Learn about the artists and see their work, such as Jérome Ménager’s wall fresco and the mosaic tiles by the artist known as Space Invader.
Each tour is different, as the canvas is ever-changing, and you are encouraged to express how you feel about the pieces, whether they’re truly art or a form of destruction—it’s your opinion.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bilingual art expert
- Small group
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Belleville neighbourhood, Paris France
Belleville, with its charming small streets, is where French singer Edith Piaf grew up and where, in the 1980s, many Parisian artists and musicians lived because of the lower rents. Former industrial buildings were converted into artists' studios, and Belleville became the center of Paris' urban art movement.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :130 Boulevard de Belleville, 75020 Paris, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.