Papal Summer Residence tour with lunch included
Travel to Castel Gandolfo, just a short bus ride from Rome, and discover the Apostolic Palace and gardens with a fascinating audio-guide.
Closed to the public until 2016, the Papal Palace at Castel Gandolfo is still fairly unknown. This tour will take you from Rome to the charming hilltop village overlooking Lake Albano where you will discover the apostolic summer retreat.
With an audio-guide in the language of your choice you will see some up-to-now hidden treasures of the papacy before seeing the Barberini Gardens in an eco-friendly golf cart and enjoying a delicious lunch prepared with fresh produce from the papal estate.
Add on a tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica upon your return to Rome to make your day even more memorable
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo, 00040 Castel Gandolfo Italy
For centuries the Papal Palace at Castel Gandolfo was locked to the public, but in 2016, after over four centuries, Pope Francis finally opened its doors to visitors. Now, on this morning trip from Rome, you will see the palace and gardens, and learn about their fascinating history.
In the Palace, made fit for a pope by Urban VIII in the 17th century, you will get a glimpse into the private lives of the leaders of the Catholic Church. Discover some of the Holy See’s hidden treasures as you tour the palace with an audio-guide in your chosen language. Then enjoy a ride around the magnificent Barberini Gardens in an eco-friendly golf cart and savor the views over the magnificent Lake Albano. Lunch will be provided in the lovely ‘Padiglione del Riposo’ before you head back into Rome.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Via Cavour, 224, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.