Pantalica nature history and archeology
I'm going for a walk, from this comes the experience of the Gregorio Chiarenza Guide with "Due Passi Trekking".
Experience the emotions of a walk surrounded by nature.
Love for the search for old stairs and paths in the environments of the Iblee quarries, where nature and history merge.
Environmental guide for passion and naturalist photographer.
These are some of the reasons that lead Gregorio to offer trekking to rediscover new and old paths, many of which are far from the usual tourist routes.
In summer, trekking turns into walks in the streams, where the now low waters, now forming potholes, allow us to enjoy their coolness.
per adult from
What's included :
- Trekking poles on request
What's excluded :
During the visit we will go through the history of Sicily starting from the 12th century BC. to the present day.
Some of the archaeological emergencies that we will visit: the largest final bronze necropolis in Europe, with its 5,000 artificial cave tombs; the Byzantine villages of San Micidiario and San Nicolicchio, with their 4th century rock churches; the Anaktoron or the prince's palace, seat of the local power of the XII century BC; remains of a Greek trench; the narrow gauge railway "Ciccio Pecora", in operation until the last century.
Among the botanical emergencies I will encounter: Iblea endemic flora; spontaneous orchids; characteristic plants of the Mediterranean scrub. For each plant we will see the therapeutic, officinal, phytoalimurgical and toxic uses.
All set in an imposing limestone-marl massif of the Miocene delimited by the Anapo river and its Calcinara tributary.
If the weather permits we can bathe in the cool waters of Calcinara, and visit one of the active karst caves in the area.
Nature, history and archeology for a unique experience.
The walking route has a maximum length of five kilometers.
• Necropoli di Pantalica, Tra Ferla e Sortino, Pantalica, Sicily Italy
Departure Point :Piazza San Sebastiano, Piazza S. Sebastiano, 96010 Ferla SR, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/24/2020 - 10/26/2021
4/24/2020 - 10/26/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:30 AM - 05:30 PM Monday - Sunday: 09:30 AM - 05:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.