Panda Keeper Program(half day) and tranquil Chengdu Countryside 7km hiking
This one day trip combines the panda keeper program at Dujiangyan Panda Base as well as a 7km hiking to explore the less travelled Fengqi Mountain nearby. It’s a perfect program for those who would like to get out of the city and relax by feeding the giant panda in the morning and explore the off-the-beaten-path countryside of Chengdu in the afternoon.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking tour guide service
- RMB 700 per person(about USD 100) of donation to the panda base for doing panda keeper program.
- Lunch - We will arrange lunch for you at the most popular restaurant of Jiezi Ancient Town so that you can try some authentic local dishes.
- Entrance ticket to the Buddhist monastery at the end of the hiking
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Dujiangyan Panda Base
- Entry/Admission - Jiezi Ancient Town
What's excluded :
- Your other personal expenses.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dujiangyan Panda Base, Dujiangyan 611830 China
Attraction 1: Dujiangyan Panda Base:
At 07:00am our guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel in Chengdu and then head for Dujiangyan Panda Base located at the northwest It takes about 1.5 hours to get there.
Arrive at Dujiangyan Panda Base, your guide will help you sign up, get your panda keeper’s card, uniform and gloves. The staff will give a short instruction and detailed schedule for the day.
Your panda keeper service may include but not limited to:
*Clean the panda’s enclosure and playground, such as sweeping up leftover bamboo leaves, washing the floor of their rooms and sometimes shovelling their poops.
*Prepare food for the pandas, such as washing or carrying bamboos, or making some special panda cakes with your own hands and creativity!
*Feed a panda! You got bamboo shoots, apples, carrots, or your handmade cakes—all panda’s favorite, use your own hand to feed them but try to keep a safe distance.
The program finishes around 11:30am.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Jiezi Ancient Town, Jiezi Town, Chongzhou 611242 China
Attraction 2: Jiezi Ancient Town & Fengxi Mountain hiking
After the panda keeper program, we will drive about 15 minutes to arrive at Jiezi Ancient Town, where we will have lunch at a local restaurant and try some traditional local dishes. Then we will take a short walk to explore this beautiful riverside town before starting our hiking from the other side of the river. Our destination is the Buddhism monastery at the top of the Fengqi Mountain. This is a beautifully tranquil area less explored by tourists, and you will enjoy the fresh air and quietness while walking up. You will also see some small local villages in the mountains and the villagers run guesthouses and restaurants.
You will spend around two hours walking up to the monastery, and then take a visit of the beautiful architectures there.
Around 04:45pm, the driver will pick you up and then you guys head back to Chengdu. It takes 1.5 to 2 hours to get back to your Chengdu hotel, depends on the traffic in the city area of Chengdu.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.