Panama Canal Railway and Agua Clara Locks
Get to travel in the first transcontinental railroad. Since 1501, when the Spaniards landed in the Isthmuss of Panamá, Panamá has been a natural transit route to cross from one ocean to the other. The construction began in august 1850 on the mainland around Monkey Hill (Mount Hope).
Visit the new locks of the Panama Canal, see the boats go through the Agua Clara Locks and how this new system works.
Small group of 3 people in the vehicule.
Note: tour not available on January 1, 8, 9; February (carnival, it change every year, you may need to contact us first), November 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 28 and December 8, 24, 25 and 31.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Snacks - In the train you will be provide with a small box of Snacks.
- Wifi at the vehicule
- Hand Sanitizer at the vehicule
What's excluded :
- Railway Fee
- Agua Clara Visitor Center Fee
- Entry/Admission - Panama Canal Railway
- Entry/Admission - Agua Clara Locks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Panama Canal Railway, Colon Panama
You will experience how was the transportation from the Pacific side to the Atlantic side before the constrution of the Panama Canal (And how the still do it) in a trip from the train station in Panama City to the train station in Colon City, in this trip you will have a different view of the road of the Panama Canal, you will see the Gatun Lake and may see some animal along the way
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Agua Clara Locks, Avenida Bolivar Lago Gatun, Colon 0301 Panama
See the boats go through the Agua Clara Locks and watch a film about the construction of the Panama Canal and the new locks.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup just at Hotels, we do pickup at all the hotels located in the City.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 3 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.